cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Hi @musicfan_xo! You're welcome to join in Smiley Happy

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

@WheresMySquishy @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @celestialdreamer @A_Friend Wow...you all should be rly proud of yourselves for overcoming your personal challenges! Sharing your struggles is such a brave thing to do, I think a lot of other people who read through this chat will be grateful for sharing your stories Smiley Very Happy

For our next question...

What are some things in 2021 you’re looking forward to or wanting to achieve? Is there something you’re not looking forward to or worried about? How might you apply any lessons you learnt in 2020 to approach these hopes and fears?

Jimmy Fallon Truth GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I want to get through my last semester of my undergraduate degree and then figure out what the hell I want to do with my life Smiley LOL I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope I can get a part time or casual job as well. I have hopes that I will get better but I don't know if that will happen, so I will take it a day at a time, a lesson I learned to follow this year (and also last year lol). Something I'm worried about is that my mental health will get worse, my pain won't ever go away, and I'll end up alone with no idea what I should do with my life. I guess applying what I learnt this year, is that even when a lot goes wrong I can still make it through so maybe I should remind myself of that. I'm also worried about everyone dying or leaving me suddenly haha. How could I see this differently? Make the most of the present? Idk

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting my p's and I hoping to start working out again. I'm worried that I will be able to go back the routine of going to university and some learn I'm going to apply are taking time for myself 

Getting your p's is such a big achievement to look forward to @A_Friend Smiley Happy It can be stressful worrying about how to get back into something like uni after a break but you've done it before! Taking time for yourself is a good goal Smiley Happy

@lost_Space_Explorer5 I have a lot of the same fears as you, during the year, if you figure out anything that works, let me know! I think next year I'm going to return to doing things that I did in my first years of high school, I just remember being really happy in those times so I'm going to try to return to some of those habits like reading more, less time on my phone and see how I go, but I definitely want to try to be more present. I'm sorry I don't have any tips for how you could see it differently.

What are some things in 2021 you’re looking forward to or wanting to achieve? Is there something you’re not looking forward to or worried about? How might you apply any lessons you learnt in 2020 to approach these hopes and fears?
I'm looking forward to advancing further in my career. But on the other hand, I've been struggling with the long hours. I'm also worried about my grandma as she's been in hospital twice this year and she's approaching 90. This was how the end was for my great grandmother, so next year could be her last. It's hard when grandparents get older and more frail. As my sister is still unwell, she might not be able to attend any funerals if something happens to my grandparents, so we will have to arrange for someone to be with her. Smiley Sad I've also interviewed with four universities for postgraduate places, but I haven't heard anything back from them. I've been told that no news is good news but I feel like I should have heard back at this point. Oh well, at least I have a job now. Smiley Happy I'm also hoping that my parathyroid hormone levels go back to normal and that I don't need to have surgery on my parathyroid glands. My parents kind of just thought the worst though.
Something I have learned this year is that I can be flexible if things don't go my way or if I don't succeed in something. I know I am qualified and capable. I can bring so much to other people. I have taken a 'whatever will be, will be' approach to life and been more accepting of whatever life throws at me. I think of how I've overcome over challenges in the past.

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I hope you can get through the last semester! Smiley Happy  I remember I had so many plans after graduating from uni, but things didn't go the way I hoped. It was tough, but I really like the job I have now. I also try to take things a day at a time. I've found that really helpful as a carer.

@WheresMySquishy I'm sorry to hear about your worries for you and your family's health, I know how tough that can be, sending love <3 On the other hand, good luck for those postgraduate positions, fingers crossed for you! That sounds like a great mindset and great capabilities to have, you should be very proud of yourself for being so flexible and accepting, having a growth/open mindset.