cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Advancing in your career and getting into postgrad sound exciting @WheresMySquishy. I can imagine how anxiety provoking the waiting game would be. I'm sorry your sister is still unwell and there's the worry if someone dies she won't be able to attend Smiley Sad I hope your levels return to normal too! Surgery sounds scary Smiley Sad

You're definitely so strong and capable of approaching whatever happens Smiley Happy That's an awesome lesson you've learnt

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

What are some things in 2021 you’re looking forward to or wanting to achieve? Is there something you’re not looking forward to or worried about? How might you apply any lessons you learnt in 2020 to approach these hopes and fears?
I'm looking forward to the possibility that life will return to normal. I'm hopeful that COVID vaccines will be released and will work, but I'm also cautious that this may not happen. I'm also excited to continue my job, because it's one I enjoy quite a lot! The uncertainty of things to come in the new year is something I don't like thinking about. With so many things happening in 2020, I feel like my uncertainty about the future has grown a lot. However, I've also learnt a lot of self-care and mental health tips this year. I'll use them to help me approach my hopes and fears.

Is there anything you would like to change going into the new year? (This could be anything- big or small. It could be something related to self-care, your relationships, goals, your openness to experience, trying something new, etc.)
Some things are:
- Having a better sleep routine. 2020 really messed with my sleep. I used to sleep much better in previous years, but this year I found myself being nocturnal.
- I want to finish some video games I've been meaning to finish.
- I want to get out more and see and do more things after spending so much time at home this year. I also want to exercise more as the lockdowns and surgeries I had really drained my stamina.
- I have a list of things I'd like to try and I'd like to tick more of them off in the new year. Smiley Happy
- I want to continue growing my confidence as I've started feeling more confident these last few weeks.

Oops, looks like I was a bit early with this question Smiley LOL

@WheresMySquishy they sound like some great goals for the new year! What are some of the things on your list that you would like to try/are there any specific things would you like to see?

Next question:

Is there anything you would like to change going into the new year? (This could be anything- big or small. It could be something related to self-care, your relationships, goals, your openness to experience, trying something new, etc.)

I just saw this gif and had to laugh:

giphy

Next year I really want to change a few things, but most of all I especially want to focus on myself and the things that bring me joy, I feel like I didn't do that at all this year and it became quite stressful to keep up

- I want to read more like I used to 

- I want to put more energy into things that give me confidence and make me feel good and reduce/stop doing the things that don't

- I want to exercise at least 3 times a week

- I want to live a bit more of a minimalist life style

- I want to educate myself more about the world, especially about privacy and being secure online

- I want to try to go to bed early and wake up early

Hehe that's okay @WheresMySquishy Those are some good goals anyway! Sleep, self-confidence, finishing things we start and getting back into life, those sound like goals I'd like to set for myself too Smiley Tongue

I guess just trying to get back into things I used to enjoy and putting myself out there. Looking after myself and not giving up as well

Pusheen Happy New Year GIFs | Tenor

I want to put more time to friendships and my relationships/connections. 

@WheresMySquishy That gif is *chefs kiss*... a perfect summary of 2020 Smiley LOL

I would like to try and work on my anxiety. Recently, I feel like I've been having more useful thoughts to help combat my anxiety, and I would love for that to occur more often! This one's a very casual goal, but I want to eat out at new restaurants. With COVID I'm not sure how achievable this will be, but I want to try foods from different cultures Smiley Very Happy

@celestialdreamer  Some of the things on my list are:
- Growing a microherb garden
- Go to a new museum or have a virtual tour
- Complete a crafting kit
- Have fun in a park
- Find a lookout spot
- Jump on a trampoline
I also want to read more! I have a list of books I'd like to read. Like you, I used to read a lot more when I was younger.