cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Haha I love the chef's kiss @featuringme Smiley LOL

Oh working on anxiety is a good one! I need to start working on my ocd stuff with my psych, but I'm always too scared to talk about my thoughts

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

It's time for the next question! Smiley Very Happy

Animation Hug GIF by Pusheen - Find & Share on GIPHY

More broadly, what are your hopes and fears for the wider world in 2021? Is there anything you can do to address these concerns and hopes? What is something that is reasonable and in your control that you could do?

source.gif

I may have gone overboard with the gifs

@WheresMySquishy oooh they all sound like such fun things, I want to do a few of those myself! I have a massive booklist as well, going to try to get through as many as I can next year.

@lost_Space_Explorer5 good luck with your psych, I know it can be scary but you can do it, I believe in you!

More broadly, what are your hopes and fears for the wider world in 2021? Is there anything you can do to address these concerns and hopes? What is something that is reasonable and in your control that you could do?
My main fear is that things will be bad economy-wise, especially with the reduction in money coming from the government. Cases are also increasing again in New South Wales so it's hard to imagine when things will go back to how they were before.
I hope that they will find a vaccine and that there will be more of a focus on working from home and supports for carers in the future.
Something I did at the start of the lockdown was writing a list of things I can control and things that I can't control. Some of the things that are out of my control are worries about other people's choices, how long the restrictions will last, unexpected trauma or adversity. Some of the things I can control are my attitude, the choices I make, my self-talk, how I care for myself and how I use my strengths. I also made a 'worry decision tree' telling me what to do about and when to let go my worries.

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 these gifs are great, definitely not going overboard with them Smiley LOL

This may be a v optimistic hope, but I want the world to become more peaceful in 2021. In 2020, I've learnt a lot about the injustices and oppression people are facing throughout the world. I hope that these can be effectively addressed, and that people will stop hurting others. I've been learning much of this from instagram, and sometimes it can be overwhelming. When this happens, I can take a break from insta and indulge in some self-care. To help people learn about the injustices others are facing, I can share the info. I've come across with others. I think sharing the knowledge I've seen can help foster tolerance and peace. I can't control their reactions to the info I share, and I can't control their attitude. But, at least trying to inform people about these issues will be useful.

I guess I'm worried about what will happen with covid and our environment (with climate change). And inequality in the world. Idk there are so many things that need to be fixed. But I guess within my control is to follow the covid regulations, try my best to take care of the environment, and give back to disadvantaged people in the community in some way (I guess I'm kind of doing this with the op shop volunteering)

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I am too worried about what will happen with the world with covid still going strong in some places. I hoping the vaccine will help this and people continue to follow the rules.

ooh what's a worry decision tree? I have to look this up! @WheresMySquishy Smiley Very Happy

It's good to be optimistic @featuringme, it leads us to believe things can change and we can make a stand against things

@Lost_Space_Explorer5   I found this one this year:

decision-tree

They all end with the same last step Smiley LOL what is this sorcery!?

I guess worrying doesn't really solve anything