cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Live GR: Identity and Self-Acceptance, 9th of September, 7:30 pm AEST

I haven't heard of the locus of control, I'll have to look that up @WheresMySquishy. Emotions are definitely there for a reason so watching them rather than avoiding them or buying into them can be helpful!

@celestialdreameroh I have that tendency to get fixated on something until it's done- reframing can definitely be helpful! Also thinking of it not as an obsession but just being able to get really focused on things and channeling that in a helpful way?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy it also helps me, it makes me feel happy which is why for so long I didn't realise it was interfering with my life and I also day dream about similar things, using it as a creative outlet sounds like a good idea though, I will definitely try this!

Highlighted

I zoned out for a little but I don't really have a lot to add, everyone has really great points for this one! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

oh so true, that's a really insightful answer- social media is so bad in the way it encourages us to compare ourselves to everyone when those people are presenting a biased version of themselves @featuringme
Highlighted

@featuringme  I agree with you about some forms of social media. Nowadays, I only really look at interesting or fun accounts or use forms of social media where I can interact with my family and friends. When I was younger, I used to compare how I looked with other people and be into things like modelling shows. I know it sounds strange, but there was a girl at my school who had thin legs. Although I was also thin, it used to bother me because I thought my legs were chunkier than hers. For this reason, I don't really follow any accounts that have photoshopped pictures and promote looking a certain way nowadays.

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 that's a good way of thinking about it, I think I definitely need to continue working on reframing.

I think all the little things in life make us feel good about ourselves, like having a nice conversation with someone, helping someone out, smiling at someone, eating your favourite food, doing self care etc. 

Something that can make you feel bad is being shut down or ignored in a conversation, or made to feel that your input isn't valuable.

Having positive self-talk, reaffirming that you are worthy, talking to someone you trust, indulging in some self-care, doing something that makes you happy can make you feel better after a bad situation.

Highlighted

Definitely @WheresMySquishy, social media has good and bad parts to it, it just depends what kind of material you look at
Highlighted

@celestialdreamer  I agree that there are so many small simple things that can make us feel better. Smiley Happy
Does anyone else have affirmation cards/apps and write down good things about themselves? I put a nice affirmation in the front of one of my notebooks so that it can be a place of positivity whenever I open it.

Highlighted

Yes! For my birthday my friends got me 365 affirmation book I love it so much!

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy ooh, it's similar but I used to write song lyrics I really liked/ with a positive message on the front page of my notebook so I'd see it whenever I opened it! I also added funny pictures, my favourite animals, etc.