cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live GR: What is happiness? 2nd of December, 7:30pm AEST

Oh hey there! Yup, you guessed it again! It's almost time for another LIVE Getting Real!

giphy

This coming Wednesday we'll be chatting about what is that thing called happiness? How do you find it? Can you buy it?

Is it okay to not be happy? Is it okay not to want to be happy? (yes!)

Anyway, maybe I should leave SOME questions for the night Smiley Tongue

So yes, we'd love it if you came to join us on Wednesday- it should be an interesting chat! I'm keen to hear all of your perspectives and hopefully learn something new (I'm always learning new things from these chats Smiley Happy)

As always, make sure you check out those guidelines, and remember to contact support if at all you feel distressed or need to chat to someone about things that come up in this conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Smiley Very Happy

giphy

Re: Live GR: What is happiness? 2nd of December, 7:30pm AEST

Looking forward to this chat! I'll try to make it Smiley Happy

@Macaria and @Lilly07 this could be something good for you to check out either on the night  (2nd of December at 7.30) or when you can, since from your posts it seems you have been struggling with happiness you may find it to helpful or comforting

Here's a fun fact about happiness I read online today:

'The origin of the word "happiness" is from the Middle English "hap" which has to do with chance and possibility. As in "happenstance" or per-haps. So hap-iness was originally about the feeling of good fortune/getting lucky; the chance that something could or could not occur, and then it goes your way. Happiness is that specific feeling when something that could have gone horribly wrong goes amazing well.'

Ooh that's interesting @WheresMySquishy! Smiley Surprised I'm still waiting for that to happen with my assignments.. but it doesn't seem to be HAPpening Smiley LOL

Just tagging some people who might be interested in the chat tonight and who've been online this arvo (sorry for the spam)

@A_Friend @WheresMySquishy @Kittybal @celestialdreamer @featuringme @ayrc_1904 @sunnygirl606 @Macaria @Eden1717 @hellothere @hunginc @MB95 @musicfan_xo @panda_6940 @Saltwaterdreamtime @Sunnybear @James99 

Cool! Ah maybe in a bit I won’t make it for 7

I love your intro post @Lost_Space_Explorer5! So true about what you said, 'is it okay to not be happy'. 100%! I don't know why, but I've been thinking a lot lately how it's frustrating that happiness is seen as the 'default' emotion, and that anything else other than happy is bad. Totally not true, we have other feelings for a reason and they need to and deserve to be felt! 

Can't wait for the chats tonight! 

Hey everyone! How are you all going? Welcome to tonight's live GR! Smiley Very Happy Tonight we'll be chatting all about happiness Smiley Happy

But before we start I just wanted to remind everyone that if at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, then that is totally understandable and we'd really encourage you to reach out to someone. You can see a list of helplines here. If you are new or haven't already, you can check out our community guidelines here!

giphy

Okay? Let's get started! Smiley Happy

Oh I made it, I thought it was at 7. I may be in and out but here for the most part. Hi all