cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Marriage is what brings us together, today

What are your thoughts on marriage equality amongst the LGBT community?

It is an option for one part of the community and not for others, i'm still amazed at the ways the government tries to convince us it isn't discrimination.

@delicatedreamer 

The option to get married and to not get married should be avaiable to everyone.

And im confident that it will be !

@delicatedreamer I agree, and i think its embarressing that Australia still hasnt changed the laws that alot of the world has already accepted 

I like what someone who posted on our Facebook today when we posted about this session, who said that abolishing marriage altogether could bring about equality too! ANd everyone could have a civil ceremony if they wanted to be a recognised couple! That makes sense to me, but maybe that's a bit radical for some people!!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie-RO 

WOW thats a really interesting and cool point ! 

I think that some of the argument that conservatives bring out against marriage equality are ridiculous too!! Like it will open up to the doors to getting married to animals... WHAT!?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie-RO  

That is just ridiculous 

Highlighted

On that topic, what is the role of the law and religion in marriage these days?

I think the law likes to think they are less aligned with religion than they think!!

Because the law/ political fall back for why AUS doesnt have marriage eqaulity laws is "religion"

I think they have intertwined themselves....

I understand the stuff about the law more - like the rights I mentioned earlier. I understand why a couple might want that particularly if they have kids together

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com