cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Me time

Do you think it's important to take time our for yourself? Why?

Absolutely! Looking after ourself will better enable us to partake in activities we do everyday, things mightn't seem such a hassle or effort and we will genuinely feel better about ourself which enables us to give our best at everything Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Awesome! It's great that we all know how important taking time out is... So now we need to think more about HOW we can do this!

If you were to incorporate 'me time' into your day, what kind/s of things would you do during that time?

Highlighted

If you were to incorporate 'me time' into your day, what kind/s of things would you do during that time?

Go for a walk, listen to music, play with my dog. Turn my phone off for an hour or whatever and just focus on whatever I'm doing Smiley Happy

@mischiefmanaged wrote:

Playing with my dog (or walking him), going for walks in general, reading, playing boring games on my phone (mindless stuff is good sometimes!), doing crosswords (and other puzzles), having a nice relaxing shower, listening to music, walking around the shops (hello window shopping!), cooking (especially baking), crafty things, hanging out on the RO forums!!!

Loki, I'm so glad to hear you suggested turning your phone off! Technology is great but sometimes it's really good to just get away from it for a while!

Highlighted

lie on my bed and listen to music, go for a walk or a swim, watch tv, have a cup of tea and read a magazine... something relaxing and quiet.
Highlighted

My favourite 'me time' is to go down to the river near my house and chill out on the rocks. But even things like making a cup of tea & sitting in the garden, going for a walk, journalling, drawing etc are good ways to take some time out from the things I 'have' to do.

Highlighted

During that time I would focus soley on me. I guess it would vary each day, though I could do some mediatation, something creative - drawing, scrapbooking, photography. I could go for a bike ride or a walk. Read a book or magazine

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

I completely concur with what everyone's saying, but one of all my all time favourite things to do is have a bath with the works, including tea, chocolate, music, a book, wine, ice cream etc...whatever I feel I need.
Highlighted

I think I would just try to do one thing. Even if it was really small, I'd try and do one good thing that I enjoyed/calmed me down. Maybe it's spending 5 extra minutes at lunch, or maybe it's having a nap when I get home from work. I think it's important to do 1 thing for yourself, even if it's small!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

Awesome ideas guys! Sounds like you've each got your own ways to chill out, which is great. So, now that we've got these ideas of things we can do...

What are three things you can do this week to better look after yourself?