cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Miscommunication \ mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tion noun \ mis-kə-ˌmyü-nə-ˈkā-shən

@Ruenhonx
: Oh no! It's an easy mistake to make if you don't know though. There needs to be like an online communication handbook somewhere, lol!

@_sagira_: I hate shorthand in texts too! So hard to decipher!

What positive or negative effects do presumptions have on communication? How can we avoid making presumptions?

Negative effects: You could go through unneccesary anxiety about something that someone has said for no reason, or you might accidentallyget into a fight with someone over something that you've misunderstood...

I'm struggling to think of any positives... Am interested to see what others have to say Smiley Happy

**What positive or negative effects do presumptions have on communication? How can we avoid making presumptions?**

I think that people, straight up, need to say what they're are thinking and feeling. There are so many people out there that hold back, and therefore the other person is left to their own guessing devices. These assumptions are the death of communication.

@sagira - I have been told I should tried Yoga I have been thinking about it but I am not sure really... Scared that I will be really bad at it. I'm glad that you really enjoy it Smiley Happy

@ruenhonx wrote:

Ohh wow I love this SOOOooo...moral of the story here...acceptance. Accept what is and don't 'punish your friends etc'...because you don't end punishing them, you punish yourself!

You seem to have learnt alot and that is amazing and glad that your experiences have made you a better person Smiley Happy

Yeah I've realised a lot about myself from those situations.  I was acting out of attachment and need with those friendships.  That's why when it went sour I completely lost it.  You put in your 50% and then the other needs to put in there's to reach middle ground.

What positive or negative effects do presumptions have on communication? How can we avoid making presumptions?

Positive effects: Sometimes being presumptious can be the best way in giving someone a chance and believing the best in them.

Negative effects: You can psych yourself out in believing the worst about someone and cause more problems for yourself and for them. 

We can avoid them by waiting for others to explain themselves first before we jump into attack mode. 

So, we have had such a great discussion and we want to know How do you resolve any miscommunications you have with people?

@Cheekyone wrote:

@sagira - I have been told I should tried Yoga I have been thinking about it but I am not sure really... Scared that I will be really bad at it. I'm glad that you really enjoy it Smiley Happy

Great thing about yoga is that it is for everyone.  My right knee is dodgy due to injury, I can't bend my right knee,  It swells like a grapefruit constantly, I can't sit on it, I can't cross my legs...but it doesn't matter, because there are modifications to all the different poses.  You do what's comfortable for you and you build up your own strength.

How do you resolve any miscommunications you have with people?

I answered this in my giant story, but I will reiterate, when you're trying to tell somebody something and fix a situation, never ever, ever blame them for anything.  Only tell them how you felt about the situation and what YOU DID...and why you did what you did. 

@sagira - that is good to know , I totally think I'd be all over the place Smiley Happy

How do you resolve any miscommunications you have with people?

I just try to explain calmly what I meant if someone has misunderstood me. If I've misunderstood someone else I will either ignore it and not mention it again, or seek further clarification to ensure that I understand. It depends on the person and the situation.

Very true DD, sometimes communication gets lost from screaming and loud voices and when people are calm and open to listening then miscommunication can be fixed faster.