cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mo' Money, Mo' Problems....... Really?!

How could bad money management impact on your mental health or wellbeing?

Stress of not being able to afford things that you need, and frustration at not being able to afford things that you want to have or do (i.e. go out with friends).

Highlighted

@Rosie-RO wrote:

I think money can impact your wellbeing regardless of how much you have. Sometimes it's hard to forget about money, you're always stressing about how much you have and how much you need to save....... ultimately I like it when i put a bit in savings, have enough to get by, and don't think about it! It's one thing i can easily get hung up on :/

Agreed Rosie, I often stress about not having enough money/ not having enough saved.

Highlighted

5. How could bad money management impact on your mental health or wellbeing?

Not having enough money stresses and frustrates me because I worry aout the bills and fuel and everything I have to pay for... Also, 

How could bad money management impact on your mental health or wellbeing?

I think the feeling that you are managing your money poorly can cause a great deal of stress which in turn would deterioate the wellbeing of a person. I also think this isn't limited to those with small amounts of money. I can't even begin to imagine the stress and paranoia big lottery winners would feel.

Highlighted

Why can't life just have a infinite money cheat code!? 

Highlighted

I agree with u Rosie. I often stress when I do have money as well and I constantly check my account and overthink my finances alot and that also stresses me out. 

@dreamcatcher - Sims style! hahaha. 

TBH I always found that stressful too. I would build a GIANT house and have endless supplies and not know where to put anything and then my sims would get depressed anyway... #lesigh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

You've all made some important points about how money can create/add stress to our lives. So to continue that discussion...Money doesn't buy you happiness but what are some things that bring you happiness (they don't have to be material!)?

Highlighted

What are some things that bring you happiness (they don't have to be material!)?

Spending time with friends and family 

Staying home and enjoying some quiet time 

Watchin TV and movies 

Reading

Talking to my boyfriend Smiley Happy 

My cat!! Smiley Happy