cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems....... Really?!

Money. Money. Money. We always need more of it, we work hard for it, and it makes the world go round (or so the songs tell us!)

Whether you spend it on food, fun, clothes, bills or life's other many essentials you're always in contact with it. It can be super easy to spend more than you planned or get confused as to what you need to spend you money on. 

Do you ever wish your money went that little bit further? Or wondered how you could manage your money better? Having more control of your finances can be a useful skill and take some of the pressure out of our ever busy and sometimes stressful lives.

Come join us on tonight at 8pm AEST to discuss tips for saving money and how to budget better and why this is a useful skill to have.

See y'all then!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Re: Mo' Money, Mo' Problems....... Really?!

Welcome everyone to our GR session tonight! Smiley Happy

Our topic, as you will have seen above, is money management. We'll be discussing how to improve your saving and why being aware of your money and how you spend it can be important! Cheekyone and I will be running the session with Rosie tonight. 

If you feel upset at all during the discussion remember that there are people you can talk to. See the emergency Help tab in the top right corner of this page (the yellow one). Also keep the Community Guidelines in mind so that we can keep the discussion on track and useful for everyone. 

To start us off the first question is: Have you ever saved up for something that you wanted? If so was it easy or hard? Did you manage to save up for what you wanted?

Have you ever saved up for something that you wanted? If so was it easy or hard? Did you manage to save up for what you wanted?

I used to save up for gaming consoles as a teen (Nintendo Wii, DS etc.). Saving wasn't too difficult as I'm not usually a big spender, but waiting was definitely hard!

I have saved up for plenty of things. From barbies and dolls when I was 5, to laptops, a car etc when I was over 18.

Saving up becomes really easy when you plan to organise your money. Putting that extra $10, $20 or $50 a pay (weekly, fortnightly or however you get paid) really makes a difference.

It is worth the reward at the end!

Welcome DD,

I remember doing that too when I was younger, yes the wait was very hard. When I was waiting to buy my new car it felt like forever when it wasn't really that long Smiley Happy.

Welcome Lea,

I agree it is well worth the reward in the end, I found having a money box and putting all your coins in there helped heaps as well!

Hey Guys Smiley Happy

It’s been a while but back in my first year of uni when I was working in subway I put a lot of effort into saving money to buy a new basketball which was around $110. It wasn’t a crazy amount but being a poor uni student, struggling to buy textbooks, train tickets etc, it took a lot of time as well as effort not to spend all that I earned.

It took me something like 7 weeks to do so, but well worth it seeing as I still have it now.

I have an account I cant touch unless it is between the 1st and the 31st of december. A set amount comes out each week.... well worth enquiring with whatever financial provider you go with.

Just another suggestion cheekyone Smiley Happy

Have you ever saved up for something that you wanted? If so was it easy or hard? Did you manage to save up for what you wanted?

I actually don't think I ever have. I save my money, but not with a specific thing in mind. 

I've seen people in my family save up, I think one of the hardest things for them was remembering to not only put many away but remembering to have any money to put away. They've usually been able to get what they wanted, just not always as quickly as they would have liked.

Welcome Michine,

That's awesome that you still have it!! Smiley Happy

@Lea - Wow that's an awesome idea I had no idea that you could do that! Smiley Happy