cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Moving past ignorance

How can we improve our attitudes when we feel we are about to do/say something ignorant?

I think we should always keep an open mind and to be accepting of everyone's beliefs. 

Highlighted

How can we improve our attitudes when we feel we are about to do/say something ignorant?

I think being open minded is so important and also being honest, asking someone to tell you more or explain to you doesn't mean you are dumb but it shows you are willing to learn. Thinking ignorantly is one thing, so lets explore that, where it is coming from, educate ourselves before acting ignorantly. 

Ok, so on to the next question:

What is one thing we can do to educate ourselves about a group or person that we don't understand in order to move past ignorance?

Highlighted

What is one thing we can do to educate ourselves about a group or person that we don't understand in order to move past ignorance?

Do research into whatever we don't understand, ask someone.

Highlighted

Talk to that person or a member of that group and asking them questions to get the facts. If it's not possible to talk to them, then read something by them/about them. Smiley Happy

N1ghtW1ng: nice, short answer. Sometimes, it amazes me how people are so unwilling to ask questions to enlighten themselves.

Highlighted

I love that everyone is suggesting we ask more questions! It has so many benefits. 

you learn more

you help others share knowledge

you don't look like a fool (like the guys in that video Shona posted... haha)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

The internet is there for a reason, something/ someone you dont understand, Google it Smiley Happy

@ruenhonx He. I agree with 'googling it' Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Ah yes, the solution to all the world's problems in one word: Google. Smiley Tongue