cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Years Resolutions

How can you stay positive with your goals?

I agree with you all. I think it is ok to fall and maybe take a tumble or two but getting back up and fighting again is very important and even when you are down for how ever long to also stay positive and remind yourself that you will get up when you are ready. Be patient with yourself because being negative is a choice. You can choose to be happy and positive about your goals. That's why positive self talk is sooooo important. 

It is very important to take care of yourself you have to reward your hard work so How are you going to reward yourself when you acheive your goals?

I'd like a little more than a pat on the back. I want a massage.

And lots of food ! Love food.

If I was being honest with myself just being happy knowing I'd achieved my goal would probably be enough.

There's much satisfaction to be had when you achieve something. And it just makes you feel happy. 

How are you going to reward yourself when you acheive your goals?

Despite the fact that I think rewards are important I hadn't actually thought about this! Hmm... Maybe a new handbag? I'm not sure... I'd like to have a weekend away with my bestie too so that would be good if I could afford it... Might have to have a think and come back next week!

EDIT: Feel like I should add that those are rewards for my major goals (i.e. doing my NYR for the whole year, or passing the year at uni). For smaller goals I can't go past food (chocolate, raspberries, ice cream... Smiley Very Happy)

Highlighted

@ruenhonx wrote:

That's why positive self talk is sooooo important. 

Completely agree with this and all of what you guys have said.

Understand that there will be setbacks, but don't dwell on them, continue to move forward.

I don't really have a reward set in place for my goals. I see how they'd help, but I feel like mine are things that are ongoing, so the best reward is observable progress. Fitness-wise, I'll feel healthier and stronger. Attitude-wise, I'll be happier and more relaxed in situations that otherwise would have made me feel stressed or angry. My reward will be that I feel like a better, stronger person for my efforts Smiley Happy

I'm going to be social and have dinner with a good friend.
Buy one thing once I've seen the progress I want Smiley Happy I love shopping
@FTP - a massage sounds nice.. havn't had a professional one tho so it would be an awesome reward lol

@Magga - That is awesome and so true feeling better is like an extreme reward Smiley Happy

How are you going to reward yourself when you acheive your goals?

Sounds a bit corny but If I'm able to achieve all my goals I think the feeling I get will be a reward in itself. Although I think a holiday would be in order haha Smiley Happy

Rewards are one of my big problems. I've never figured out a good one!

@ michine : very corny indeed hahhahahaha but very true nonetheless