cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years Resolutions

Welcome to our first GR session in 2013. It's a new year and a new start.

In this session we will be talking about your New Years Resolutions, looking back at the past and seeing what worked and what didn't and what you can do differently this year. We will be talking about how to tackle your goals and resolutions this year with more positivity and more motivation. This discussion will be about working through this new year with great coping skills and to stay positive in the issues that come.

It's always scary and exciting coming into a new year because you can have high hopes or you can have many things you want to achieve or you want something to change in your life. This is a great discussion to have about how we can work on changing our lives one step at a time with achievable steps that will keep our motivation and positive attitudes high so we don't give up.

We would like you to think about your New Years Resolutions and your goals and what you would like out of 2013 so we can discuss how to tackle them this year.

Please come and join us this Monday night to celebrate the New Year and to bring hope and light into 2013

Hope to see you Monday 07 January 2013 at 8pm (AEDST). Cant wait Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: New Years Resolutions

Welcome everyone to our GR session tonight

We will be discussing New Year’s Resolutions and the amazing facilitators are fosterthepeople, Sophie and myself. Tonight we are going to be talking about the experiences we have had with New Year’s Resolutions, what we can do differently this year and how to keep our selves motivated and positive throughout the year.

If you feel upset at all during the discussion remember that there are people you can talk to. See the emergency Help tab in the top right corner of this page (the yellow one). Also keep the Community Guidelines in mind so that we can keep the discussion on track and useful for everyone. 

We will close the forum at the end of the discussion but if you have any unanswered queries please contact the RO crew on crew@reachout.com or follow these links.

So to start u off...

Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions this year?

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and welcome to the first GR sesh of 2013 !

Tonight's discussion is all about New Year's Resolutions.

Hopefully we'll be able to inspire, motivate and share some great ideas over tonight's discussion.

I have a habit of recylcing my New Year's Resolutions only because I never achieve them.

They tend to always be something like "become more healthy".

Always very vague and easily interpreted differently.

Or drink plenty of water a day.

At the time it always sounds so doable.

But then I always forget or just can't be bothered.

But I really do want to improve myself this year.

My NYR this year was actually to drink a bottle of water a day this year.

Evening all! Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. My New's Resolution (as posted in the new year's resolution thread) is:

To make time to engage my interest in music at least 3 times a week whether that be through piano lessons, learning theory, singing, playing, spending time just listening to music or something else...

EDIT: @FTP: My NY resolutions in the past have been pretty vague too, but I tried to make mine more of a SMART goal last year, and I did much better on it than in previous years, so I've followed a similar theme again this year.

Yeah I tend to recycle mine too but 2012 was a good year for me I actually ticked off most of my resolutions. This year though I'm thinking of being 

• I got the healthy down but I want to be fit
  • I want to enjoy my last year of uni 
  • I want to work at uni 
  • I want to volunteer more 
  • I want to make new and better friends 

Welcome DD 

Great NYR you have there. Music seems to be very important to you, thats great Smiley Happy

maybe i should change my NYR to something more fun like yours DD. something that i might actually want to do. sounds much more attractive then say something like hitting the gym 4 times a week. (i fear exercise)

I do have one which is to just do well in uni. 

Ooh and I have another, coming by to the Reach Out Forums on Mondays. I've been forgetting about the Getting Real Sessions last year. 

@FTP: just invest in a small water bottle. Smiley Very Happy

There's definitely lots more to talk about !!!

How have you dealt with NY resolutions in the previous years?