cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Positive bodies: avoiding thinspo and bigorexia

so true soph

so many sources telling us what we shouldn't look like. and often it's by telling us what we should look like.

hi whiterabbitday

i'd love to actually give this a go and hear all the wonderful things about me. even though you shouldn't care too much about what others think, a little external validation is sometimes a good thing.

your eyes change colour ! wicked.

I guess my opinion of body image is the way you idealise your body to look. This can both be a good thing and a bad thing. I think body image is kind of a changing and evolving thing though, it doesn't always stay the same.

whiterabbit, that's a really cool activity!  I never did that in school, I wish i did...

I think body image is basically the way we see ourselves. Some people seem to have a better opinion of themselves than others, so they'd be said to have a positive body image. 

Highlighted

Hey everyone!

The one thing I like about my body is my eyes.

Being a bigger girl all my life, it has always been a thing that I worry about constantly. I have been put on medication due to being at high risk of diabetes but have now managed to go from 120kg to 106kg in a couple of months. I am now learning to embrace my curves and love my body Smiley Happy

WRD: that's so true. Depending on how I'm feeling on a certain day by body image could be better or worse... I define it as the way that I feel about my body.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

What is your definition of body image? Do you have positive or negative body image

I think its a person's perception of his or her own physical appearance...
Some days I have a positive body image...other days a negative body image

Hello everyone!

Tell us about one thing about your body that you like. Do you find it easier to name the things you like or don't like?

I'm usually happy with my hands and feet. They're little and good. The only real fault of them is that it's a bit of an annoyance to find gloves/shoes. 

I also usually like my skin, I like it's tone and that it's never given me a pimple. 

I think it depends on my mood as to what's easier. The things I don't like always seem to come to my head faster; the hardest thing is coming up with the first good thing, after that it's a bit easier to find another. 

What is your definition of body image? Do you have positive or negative body image?

Body image is the way you see and think about your own body.

Again I think it depends on my mood, I think negative body image is more common for me. 

Tell us about one thing about your body that you like. Do you find it easier to name the things you like or don't like?

I like my eyes. I think it's much easier to name things I don't like. That's human nature to a degree - we focus on the negatives, and often forget the normal or positive things about ourselves, or in everyday life.

What is your definition of body image? Do you have positive or negative body image?

I think body image is how you feel about how you look. But also how you feel about how you feel. I find it's very very closely tied in to self esteem. It also can be to do with how you view others. How you view others and how you view yourself is often very different - we put on different lenses! I have a particuarly negative body image of myself, but like to think that I am quite realistic about how I see others.

It was a fun activity - and pretty easy to just do with a bunch of friends or even your family if you wanted to!

And yep - they go a dark green, to a shiny blue, to an amber yellow - depending on the season! Sucks when I have to list my eye colour though!