cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Positive bodies: avoiding thinspo and bigorexia

I high fived u for "earning to embrace my curves and love my body"! This is a VERY worthy goal!!!! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey Elizzabeth... I'm the same as you, can have good and bad depending on what else is going on at the time...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

What is your definition of body image? Do you have positive or negative body image?

I think body image is the way we see ourselves and others. We stereotype body image by skinny, fat, chubby, big bum etc.

I have negative body image because I see all the flaws in myself instead of embracing what I have.

Hey Birdeye, yep you are not alone there with negative body image over powering the positive sometimes!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

hi everyone and welcome

i think having this "ideal body" may be one reason we may criticise our shapes. as long as we're healthy and feeling full of energy and vitalised we should be happy.

hate to break it to people, but you don't need a 6 pack to be happy in life

@Magga: Yeah no doubt about that. Took me a while to even just think of one thing that I like about my body whereas I can give you a whole list in no seconds flat.

@whiterabbitday: o.O i never knew that was even possible! That's amazing!

What is your definition of body image? Do you have positive or negative body image?

Body image to me is how you see yourself. I agree completely with Elizzabeth and birdeye.

Overall I think I have a positive body image as although there are many things that I don't like I am content with what I have. 

Hey everyone! I'm a bit behind so I'll answer both -

I like my eyes Smiley Happy I find it much easier to talk about things that I don't like rather than things I do...

Body Image: Body image is how we think our bodies 'should' be, or even how we see ourselves.

I used to have quite a negative body image but I've learnt to love me for me Smiley Happy There are some things I can't change - which I need to learn to love, and then there's others that I can change - and if I don't make the effort to change them (ie I'm not fat but I am a little bit overweight - it's not enough to go on strict/drastic diets or anything but enough that I notice it.. So if I want to change it I can)... The last few weeks I've grown more conscious about it as my usual sport is a winter sport and since finishing my physical activity has drastically dropped. So 2 weeks ago myself and a friend set ourselves the challenge of getting fit before Christmas (which in turn will help me lose those few kilos)... But all in all I am happy with my body and the way I look. Smiley Happy

Hey EmilyJ! Wow it's so cool how many of us like our eyes! The windows to our soul Smiley Wink lol! I totally agree it's closely tied to our self esteem....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

fosterthepeople - 'hate to break it to people, but you don't need a 6 pack to be happy in life'

I like this! So many people are focused on having the 'perfect' body, they forget to focus on the things in life that really matter.

@whiterabbitday: That's a great idea! I wish more schools (especially mine) did that.
I like what you said about doing it for family/friends, especially with christmas coming up and cards going around, good opportunity to give out some lists.