cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Relax, just do it.

Just after christmas last year I hopped in my car for an eleven hour trip up the coast near mount warning for a spirituality retreat, that was amazing in itself.  This was a really pivotal time for me, as I was taking my spirituality practice to a new level.  I didn't know anyone there but I reminded myself to be open minded, be present and accept every moment with contentment.   I was going to be looking after kids the whole week, there were nuns and monks present and we spent a lot of time dancing and chanting.  I have never been so present and at peace in my life.  I finally felt connected and felt like I understood what it was to be alive.  I carried that feeling with me for about a month afterwards...unfortunately the materialistic world seems to creep back in when you have to get back to this thing called life.  But I now know what it's like to be constantly mindful.

Highlighted

@Atma Oh! I so, so jealous!! I love Coldplay and was devastated when I couldn't see them live last year Smiley Sad
But I have seen other bands that have done so much for me, I can not even describe that feeling!!!!
Highlighted

@graphiqual wrote:
I think the last experience that I savoured was the opening of my artexpress exhibition, I was just so happy to be there with people I love and in a gallery with amazing work.

That's awesome!!  Well done on getting into artexpress!  I know for me when I made it to artexpress it was the first time I realised what I created was actually decent.  I'm my own worst critic.

Highlighted

@Sagira - That's AMAZING! I think often it's easier to be more aware of what's around you when you are taken out of your normal, everyday life. The hardest part is keeping it when you return - which it seems you have done so congrats!!!
Highlighted

@Rosie-RO wrote:

The moment of falling into bed! It's such an excellent feeling, and I often think about how great it will be when I'm running madly around jumping from work to usi. My mind goes silent and I think about my lovely soft sheets. Makes me feel snoozy and peaceful just thinking about it!

If only it were so simple!!  Bed and I don't get along, mainly because sleep doesn't let us really connect.

Highlighted

@dilz wrote:
@Sagira - That's AMAZING! I think often it's easier to be more aware of what's around you when you are taken out of your normal, everyday life. The hardest part is keeping it when you return - which it seems you have done so congrats!!!

Very true!!  It was also the time during which I was 'absent' from the forums, I really didn't need them.  See I'm back now  *rolls eyes*

Highlighted

Wow guys, I'm feeling so blessed to be getting to hear all these wonderful experiences that you're savouring. It's inspired me to reach for new oportunities myself.

The next is a three part question:

When you’re feeling stressed do you purposely work on feeling calm, collected and focused? If yes, what are the benefits of doing so?

Is there anything you would change for the next time you’re feeling stressed knowing what you now know about mindfulness?

Highlighted

When you’re feeling stressed do you purposely work on feeling calm, collected and focused? If yes, what are the benefits of doing so?

Sometimes I do, but sometimes it's easy to feel so overwhelmed with stress that you feel like you just have to power through.. but in the times that I do, I guess I do see benifits at times, not always, but I guess it depends on the extrnal/environmental factors.

Is there anything you would change for the next time you’re feeling stressed knowing what you now know about mindfulness?

I might try to chill out more often, but other than that.... no.... not really.

Highlighted

When you’re feeling stressed do you purposely work on feeling calm, collected and focused? If yes, what are the benefits of doing so?

I try to work on accepting whatever, thoughts, feelings, sensations I may have in the moment and letting them be, just observing and watching.  Making space for them.  I know that if it is exceptionally difficult for me it can be better to remove myself from the house and go for a walk, do yoga, or practice with an audio mindfulness meditation if i'm getting to easily distracted.

Highlighted

I have been putting my mindfulness into practice at work A LOT these days, my work place is very stressful for a number of reasons and I was feeling very overwhelmed by the volume of work and the expectations to deliver on what was/is for anyone impossible... Removing myself literally - I step away... and take deep breathes, I found I could approach work with less anxiety which in turn was better for me... does not solve the workload issue, but I could breathe..