cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Relax, just do it.

@Atma: It was fantastic was fantastic wasn't it?! Awesome atmosphere.

@_sagira_: Wow that sounds like an amazing experience!

When you’re feeling stressed do you purposely work on feeling calm, collected and focused?

Not always, but I try to when I remember/ have the time.

If yes, what are the benefits of doing so?

I feel less stressed, more in control and able to handle things. Like, I can deal with challenges without feeling like I need to 'escape', which is a common feeling that I get when I'm anxious.

Is there anything you would change for the next time you’re feeling stressed knowing what you now know about mindfulness?

Probably remember to use it a bit more and build it into my regular routine. I'm a bit slack with it.

Highlighted

It's been great reading all your responses! Thanks for putting so much effort in!

Here's the next question Smiley Happy 

Is it important to you that you’re aware of your surrounds, actions and emotions? Why or why not?

Highlighted

@DD...know what you mean about being slack! Put it in your coping bank Smiley Wink
http://www.something-fishy.org/reach/copingbank.php

Thanks to everyone tonight. I enjoyed this discussion, especially hearing about all of your savored memories and experiences. I need to go to bed, good night!! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@sagira - Thanks for being here tonight, your responses have been brilliant!!! Now go to bed and get some rest Smiley Happy

Highlighted

for me thats a big YES, it keeps me focused on the now, grounded and does not allow the negative chit chat/thoughts to start and get out of control..
if I keep myself in the now, aware of my surrounds, I can absorb in the goodness that I create rather than worry on unfulfilled expectations of my future self.
Highlighted

Okay I will answer this last one!!!

Is it important to you that you’re aware of your surrounds, actions and emotions? Why or why not?

Most definitely, because if I don't stop, take a step back and observe my thoughts...I can make some really terrible decisions with handling situations.  Or I get too caught up in what my thoughts are bombarding me with that I lose sight of what I really want.  That gut instinct and intuition...that's real.  The more you practice mindfulness, the better you get at tapping into it and realising what is useless mind talk.  I've gotten better at taking a step back when I'm overwhelmed and if I sift through it...I usually can get to the heart of it.

Highlighted

@_sagira_: Haha, oh yeah! Good idea Smiley Happy

I think so, so that you are aware of how they influence how you are feeling and can try and change the way you're interpreting them so they don't have a negative impact. I also think it's important because it helps you to stay present which might help you to ward off anxiety.

ETA: Agree, about it helping you stay grounded Alpha, exactly what I was trying to say!

Highlighted

Is it important to you that you’re aware of your surrounds, actions and emotions? Why or why not?

It is important to me, because I have a terrible memory. So being more mindful of what's happening around me helps to consolidate the information into the brain and then I have a better chance of remembering it.

Plus it bring some of the joys back to life to be so aware.

Highlighted

@sagira - thats great and exactly what I am learning...
thankyou for sharing, its helps me Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Up next...

Is there anything that interferes with your ability to calm your mind? How do you overcome this?