cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relax, just do it.

When was the last time that you came home from a long, hard day at school or uni or work and didn't have a bunch of worries already worming their way into your brain?

Why did I only get a B on that science test? How am I going to get to work tomorrow? How am I going to pay off that huge mobile bill? These are just some of the questions that run through my brain constantly...without break...throughout the day.

But sometimes our brain just needs a break. It’s working at 100% for at least 18 hours a day and like any other part of our body it can quickly become overwhelmed and exhausted.  So at the end of the day, when you do feel mentally exhausted, try to give your mind the night off. Don’t worry about the past or the future and just focus on what’s happening right now. 

Join us on the 18th of March at 8pm on the Getting Real forums for a lively discussion on how to leave your stress behind using relaxation and mindfulness techniques. We hope to see you there Smiley Happy

As Bob Marley once said... ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy.’

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Re: Relax, just do it.

Welcome to the Getting Real forums tonight!   Smiley Happy

With our busy lives it can sometimes be hard to take some time out and relax. So tonight we wanted to talk about relaxation and how mindfulness can help reduce the stress in your life.

Tonight I’ll be joined by ATMA and Rosie and we’re all so glad you could make it! Smiley Happy

If you feel upset at any time during the discussion remember that there are people you can talk to. See the emergency Help tab in the top right corner of this page (the yellow one). Also keep the Community Guidelines in mind so that we can keep the discussion safe for everyone! 

To start us off...here’s the first question!

The concept of mindfulness has been around for many years, particularly in Eastern philosophy, only recently has it reached Western thinking. You could say that being mindful is like living life in the moment but what does mindfulness mean to you?

what does mindfulness mean to you?

I think mindfuless is being aware of your current surroundings, especially in terms of your senses (what you can see, hear, feel, smell, or taste). 

Hey fellow RO.com peeps,

I'm so excited for tonight it is going to be so relaxed! I'm so keen to hear all your opinions on mindfulness and living in the moment!

I'm going to get going and answer the first q!

You could say that being mindful is like living life in the moment but what does mindfulness mean to you?

To me mindfulness is all about being at peace with my present life, not focusing too much on the past or the future. It helps me to overcome some of my emotions by looking upon situations as an outsider. But mostly it means being at one with myself!

Happy Monday, y'all!!! Smiley Happy
Hope everyone had a great week!

You could say that being mindful is like living life in the moment but what does mindfulness mean to you?

To me, it is being aware of everything around you... internally and externally. Kinda, like, being in the moment.

Hi graphiqual!

Great response! I think knowing your surrounding is a very important part of being mindful!

@dreamcatcher - 'being in the moment' is great way to put it!

Hi guys...might not be around too much tonight as I'm exhausted and have a killer headache due to my osteo app.

I practice mindfulness a lot now. Been doing it for about 7 months. To me it's about living in the moment actively. So if you're having a shower, reveling in it. FInding joy and peace in mundane chores like washing the dishes. Even when eating paying attention to how it feels, tastes, smells.

For me mindfullness is appreciating everything in that moment and not worrying about what is to come. 

Hi all!

I think for me it's about stopping that contstant train of thought that goes around and around like a to-do list on repeat. It's a moment of calm when no one is talking and I'm not trying to solve any problems, just be.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.