cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Beauty Standards

@litgym i tend to go out in baggy clothes during winter too but geez not all of us want to dress up in nice jeans and cardigans with hair and makeup done all the time.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 yeah it’s so true. i don’t understand girls in winter who are wearing very summery clothes when it’s 10 degrees !! 

lol @litgym thats because of the standards society has on them

unfortunately that’s true Smiley Sad i wish we didn’t have these beauty standards and we could dress/look however we want without feeling pressured @scared01

Hey! Completely agree with you guys! It gets overwhelming with all of the pressure and how people see us.

it sure does @annabethxchase very overwhelming esp when the updated clothes can be really expensive but you 'have' to buy it because shes wearing it or they are wearing it etc.

Totally @scared01! People feel the need to fit in and they go to great lengths for it and don't even end up that happy! 

Quotes with me: Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

exactly! @annabethxchase

This is such a great discussion! It's so great to know that there are others that feel the same way about this topic! Ahh so good!Smiley Happy

Hahaha I'm the exact inverse of the winter tank top girl; I'm the guy who refuses to wear shorts even during summer. Part of that is your everyday image issues (not gonna lie, my thesis year did a number on my physique), but honestly, regular slacks aren't even that hot.* Especially when you're spending most of the day indoors...which incidentally, is also my excuse for wearing jackets and coats all the damn time.

It's actually less unreasonable than it sounds, considering that whenever I head out of the house, I don't typically end up coming home till 8 or 9 at night, at which point things have cooled down enough for my chosen attire to not be completely insane/a heatstroke hazard.

*(Also at this point, I'm not even sure I OWN shorts. I'm sure I have a pair around somewhere, but like...it's probably in that corner of the closet past where the light touches, and we don't go there.)