cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Dealing with Bad days

question 3

i think it’s possible to turn a bad day into a better day but not a good day. maybe it’s possible but it’s never happened for me. i guess trying to stay positive helps and doing things you enjoy.

question 4

first of all be nice, you don’t want to make it worse ! giving them something nice or a little quote Smiley Happy do a random act of kindness !

I agree @N1ghtW1ng it is interesting to see strategies overlap for different people Smiley Happy

(I totally forgot about yesterday too! Smiley Tongue Shhh)

3. Do you think it's possible to turn a bad day into a good day? How?

Yes I do think it is possible, but I also think it depends on how bad the bad day is, eg if I'm in the space where I'm really distraught in and crisis, then it's not realistic for me to turn it into a good day, but I can turn it into a more manageable day. I also think that this varies by person and their coping strategies too. SO while one person's bad day might have been transformed into a good day by a friend showing up with snacks and a movie, for another person that may help to cope with the bad day.

I believe in bad days we need to look after ourselves, so as @litgym said about doing things we enjoy to help occupy our mind and change our thought patterns Smiley Happy

4. How can you help someone else who is having a bad day?

Everything @litgym said about being nice, giving them something nice to focus on.

Sometimes just sitting with the person in the moment is helpful too, by sitting with them and experiencing the emotions with them you are letting them know that it is okay to feel this way, and you are helping to validate their feelings - which can be very important!

You can ask if they want to talk about what is going on in their bad day, talking about things that are going on in our lives and causing us distress can be helpful to process the information and cope with it. My psychologist said today that there is a difference between thinking something, writing something and talking about something. And I absolutely agree, having time to process what is happening, in any form can be helpful in different ways Smiley Happy

Come have a chat about ROUTINES in our weekly Getting Real
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

@litgym @Bee those are fantastic responses! It is possible to turn a bad day around and help someone struggling. 

It's time for today's question!! It leads a little from the last one into...

5. What would you like people to do for you or understand on your bad days?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

2. What are some strategies you can use to deal/cope with bad days?

- watching a favourite movie
-listening to music
-crochetting
-talking on the forums
-helping others on the forums
- baking something
-planning a holiday (usually fake but its good to explore other areas)
- art of some kind

@Bee @litgym have some really great strategies too

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

3. Do you think its possible to turn a bad day into a good day? how?

yes i do, even if its a bad day it can become good or even just turn it into an ok day. recognising that its a bad day and then having a think about what might help like going out into nature, helping someone else accomplish something may help. trying to do the things that bring you joy can sometimes turn a bad day around.

4. How can you help someone else who is having a bad day?

I find just talking to them can help. asking if they are ok, and listening to them can allow them to feel heard and sometimes help them feel cared about and lighten the load.
invite them out to the shops, or for a walk or a drive with music can also be a way to get out of that mindset too.

question 5

if it was a close friend i would like them to comfort me if i was in the mood for it. but sometimes just space is what i really need. i would also like people to understand that my bad days are really BAD and they’ve just got to respect that and not give me crap, like “you’re doing this for attention”. also a random act of kindness would be really nice Smiley Happy

Highlighted

5. What would you like people to do for you or understand on your bad days?

It depends on how I'm feeling, sometimes I just want to be left alone, other times I want to just sit and hang with someone, maybe sit and watch a movie together.

I think it's important that people understand that I know myself best and what usually helps, but at the same time sometimes I just cannot access that part of my brain which tells me what usually helps

thankee thank you GIF

Thanks again everyone who partook in this week's chat! Smiley Happy

Next week (Tomorrow) we have a regular GR on Routines! Have a look here!

@N1ghtW1ng @scared01 @litgym

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 307 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors