cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

It's almost December guys and you know what that means! IT'S TIME TO GET FESTIVE!!! 

Christmas GIF

It's that time of year again!!! All the supermarkets have been selling Christmas decorations since the end of October

bobs burgers christmas GIF

and people are really starting to feel that Christmas cheer!!!Smiley Happy

will ferrell christmas GIF

It's a super exciting season and everyone celebrates it differently! Join us next week starting Monday December 3rd to chat about how you plan on getting into the Christmas spirit and all things Christmassy Smiley Very Happy

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

YES!! cant wait for this one Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

YES! I love this thread- I will have to take photos of my Christmas art to post here Smiley Happy

ooh i didnt know you were an art fan! @Jess1-RO you should share some of your things on our art thread!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hola everyone, sorry this is so late, but heres our first set of questions this time all about your Christmas Traditions! 😍

Christmas traditions: 

What does Christmas mean to you?

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love?

If you don't celebrate Christmas, do you have any other traditions/religious holidays you celebrate this time of year?

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

All good @Bee Smiley Very Happy

Christmas traditions: 

Christmas to me is family, friends and loved ones joined together and celebrating themselves. Giving gifts to one another and enjoying everyone's company. Though there's the more religious side to some people, I think its celebrated by not-so religious people as well (which is fantastic, I'm one of them!), its a time of happiness, love and peace. Everyone celebrates differently, some go to Passovers, some to churches, some to the beach etc.

Hmm, I don't think so, there's always bon-bons and pavlova which is reoccurring throughout our family brunches!

If you don't celebrate Christmas, do you have any other traditions/religious holidays you celebrate this time of year?

My friend celebrates Hanukkah which is a Jewish holiday. Basically it lasts for 8 or so days and each days you open a gift. It's pretty cool but costly Smiley Happy !

Answering those were fun! Heart

Christmas Traditions;

What does Christmas mean to you ?

Christmas is definitely a difficult day for me unfortunately. I love the vibes leading up to christmas and the idea of giving presents to friends Smiley Happy but Christmas Day is always a tough one for me !

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love ?

nope ! tbh we are not much of a christmas family besides presents and all the meat eaters 🤮 eating meat. 

Great answers! @annabethxchase
Definitely a bit of a theme around family, any one else want to share yesterdays questions responses?

Absolutely @litgym, being around framily a lot can be tough, make sure you use your supports and look after you, I know for me I'll be using a lot of distractions as usual, what avout you

I grew up in a half religious family, so it kinda reflects a bit of my Christianity but also I feel like its a time to gather with framily (biological and those you choose as family) and close peeps to bond and relax.

This is an interesting one, my mum and brother and I often so hunt for all the amazing houses with christmas lights but because I'm not driving yet that'll be limited this year. I'm not entirely sure about other traditions right now...

I'm looking forward to hearing others responses to this Smiley Happy

I'm glad you've enjoyed answering those questions @annabethxchase! Can't wait to see your answers for the rest of this week Smiley Very Happy

Christmas Day can be really tough @litgym. Take care of yourself. I'll try to be on the forums every now and again on Christmas Day in case anyone is experiencing tough times during that day (*adds to diary*)

Christmas traditions: 

Being able to give happiness, joy and wonder to others. 

How we all have to bring enough food to feed each person breakfast, lunch and dinner for at least two days haha

Like @Bee, I'm keen to see what everyone else has Smiley Happy

Annnnd todays questions

Christmas entertainment: 

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?

elf2.gif

What's your favourite Christmas movie (if it's not Elf then we may have a problem Smiley Wink )?
elf.gif