cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?

White Christmas by Frank Sinatra Smiley Very Happy 

What's your favourite Christmas movie? (if it's not Elf then we may have a problem)

Love Actually! (Although I still love Elf!)

What does Christmas mean to you?
Basically just a time to see family and friends, eat lots of food and get into holiday mode

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love?
I watch Love Actually every year with my partner Smiley Happy

If you don't celebrate Christmas, do you have any other traditions/religious holidays you celebrate this time of year?
Nope

What's your favourite Christmas movie?
Love Actually

@Esperanza67 yay for love actually :')

Christmas entertainment: 

Hmm, I'm not that into Christmas carols but I really like Noel & 6 White Boomers! I have this awesome memory of my mum piggy-backing around our yard singing the song! Smiley Happy Noel's tune is really nice and calming. In contrast, jingle bell rock is quick loud but I've always seen Christmas as peaceful Smiley Very Happy !

What's your favourite Christmas movie (if it's not Elf then we may have a problem Smiley Wink )?

Umm, OK I value my life so... Elf (Happy @BeeSmiley LOL )

I really like 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas,' I know, cheesy but its got a really sweet message. I also like 'Love Actually' AH all Christmas movies are so cutee!

ahh yes i must say christmas isn’t going to be a pleasant day.... @Esperanza67

@Bee if things get quite overwhelming (im also not sure what’s going on this year and im quite frightened I’ll have to spend it with my “father”. you know let’s just call him R now.) i mightWb contact my khl counsellor if she’s around because she told me her timetable doesn’t change. ahh im not too sure. i feel the family will just get annoyed at me if i do something that’s not communicating with them. 

Whats your favourite Christmas carol/song ? 

I quite like the classic songs but I’m also really into Ariana grandes and Sia’s christmas album Smiley Happy

Whats your favourite Christmas movie ?

um OF COURSE Elf !!!!! but **looks through draw of dvds** Mickey’s once upon a time!! there’s 3 short movies and they are just amazing. i loved watching them as a kid Smiley Happy

im loving everyones responses so far Smiley Happy

What does christmas mean to you?

Although christmas is a really challanging time it also mean that im able to get out and about a little more. To me its also an opportunity to give or help others whether that be through the regular gift giving, or doing some volunteering, making up some small gifts and donating to families who are doing it tough or helping make others christmases special somehow.

Do you have any christmas traditions that your family does that you love?

hmm we dont really have any traditions and each yrs different but we tend to decorate the christmas tree together, watch all sorts of christmas movies, listen to carols and do xmas crafts and baking activities as well as looking around at the houses with xmas lights.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

whats your favourite christmas carol/song?
While carols seem to be a 'thing' in my family im not a fan and find myself listening to other things instead.

whats your favourite christmas movie?

Elf of course! but i also like love actually, the santa clause 1,2,3, the polar express, home alone, a christmas carol and some of the cartoony one like shrek the halls, mickey mouse and the likes and im sure theres more but they are the main ones.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

how’d i forget about home alone ?!!! @scared01

Highlighted

Loving the responses on this thread!!!

I am not really a fan of christmas carols (sorry!!!) but its mainly because I work in a supermarket and have to hear them constantly for about two months Smiley Tongue

I LOVE christmas movies though! Elf and Love actually are my favourites!! Smiley Happy

These responses are making me so hyped for Christmas!!!
mean girls has given me an eternal appreciation for jingle bell rock, but O come, all ye faithful is beautiful Smiley Very Happy 
mean girls christmas GIF

What's your favourite Christmas movie?
I love love love Elf, but the Grinch is also so wonderful! 
@dog_lover94 i feel you so much,  the michael buble christmas carols CD comes out in december and plays a dozen times a day until Christmas haha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart