cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

Whats your favourite Christmas carol/song ? 

I love the Disney holiday songs Smiley Happy So nostalgic and so fun!

Whats your favourite Christmas movie ?

I looooooove Elf x 1000000. Especially the Narwhal haha. 

I also love 'The Holiday' and the Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special. 

I can't remember what else! 

@annabethxchaseSmiley Very Happy ahaha aweesome! Although I think it was actually @ErinsAntics who made that question Smiley Wink

That sounds like a great plan @litgym Reaching out to your KHL Counsellor is an excellent strategy, like @Esperanza67 I'll probably pop in around Christmas time too to check in on things Smiley Happy But we'll have someone around either way Smiley Happy

@dog_lover94 oh working in retail at Christmas can be so challenging, I was a cashier before my injury, and I remember getting to the point I was so happy when we stopped playing Christmas carols! Smiley Very Happy

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?

Hmmm, now let's search the Bee brain for Christmas carols.... Searching.... There are so many Amazing Christmas Carols, I love listening to the Melbourne Christmas Carols in the bowl or something? They ALWAYS have amazing artists/singers singing!  

What's your favourite Christmas movie? (if it's not Elf then we may have a problem)

Ohh there are so many good Christmas movies too!!!! I don't know if I can choose Smiley Tongue

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Awesome responses everyone!

I'm here to post the next lot of questions Smiley Happy 

Christmas Gifts: 

Have you started your Christmas shopping?

giphy

For those who have finished your Christmas shopping what is your secret?

Is there anyone you struggle with buying gifts for?

giphy

Christmas Gifts: 

I have! And I'm almost done thank goodness. 

I start my Christmas shopping in October/November and pretty much buy most things online. I think the trick is to buy things throughout the year if you find something someone might like. I like doing it that way so then it makes it easier when Christmas comes around Smiley Happy 

My dad! He has everything he likes. Soooo hard to shop for him but I think I did a good job this year Smiley Happy 

What about you guys! Smiley Happy 

Have you started your Christmas shopping ?

ive bought my sister something and yeah ! haha im not big on presents since i really struggle with money. it’s also harder now since i have no access to money and barely allowed to go shopping ! 

nice tip Smiley Wink @missep

Is there anyone you struggle with buying presents ?

kind of everyone ! if i know what to get someone im overly excited and love christmas shopping. but if i don’t know i find it really draining

Christmas Gifts: 

I have started my shopping 😁 I have 1 left to do and then I'm done. I might add in some token things too, I'm not sure yet...

I tend to do mine during the year if I can, most of the people who I give christmas gifts to I can do that with which is awesome.

Like @missep, my dad! He also has everything he is interested in, so I tend to do either clothes if he needs, or shortbread which he really enjoys... but it feels so repetitive, I wish it was easier Smiley Tongue but in saying that he's pretty chill about what g8fts he gets Smiley Happy

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Sorry I am late to the (Christmas?) party! But here are all my responses:

Christmas traditions: 

What does Christmas mean to you?

I'm a Christian so it means celebrating the birth of Jesus and the greatest gift the world has received Smiley Happy

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love?

I love attending church and singing Christmas carols Smiley Happy I also really enjoy baking Christmas treats while watching Christmas movies. On the plans to bake this year are: Oreo truffles, candy cane bark and ginger bread cookies. 

If you don't celebrate Christmas, do you have any other traditions/religious holidays you celebrate this time of year?

Interested to see the answers Smiley Happy

Christmas entertainment: 

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?

I love We 3 Kings, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and Angels We Have Heard on High. I really love all the Pentatonix Christmas albums and Echosmiths Christmas EP, also the 2 Glee Christmas albums so during the month of December I rotate through those Smiley Happy 

What's your favourite Christmas movie (if it's not Elf then we may have a problem Smiley Wink )?

Full disclosure I actually wrote this question haha! I love Elf, The Holiday and all those cheesy Hallmark and Netflix original Christmas movies on Netflix Smiley Happy my sister says they're too predictable but that's what I love about them. 

Christmas Gifts: 

I actually finished mid November, they are even wrapped and under the tree Smiley Happy 

Normally I am finished by the end of November but this year I had to be finished by mid November as I had so many things happening and there has been a 4 week period (it's almost over thankfully!) of absolute madness and I knew if I wasn't busy I would be self-caring. 

I make lists of people I have to buy for along with ideas of what they would like and a budget. Then I start shopping over 8 weeks buying things gradually, this means I can take advantage of sales and my bank account doesn't hate me. 

My Dad! But I think I have a solution Smiley Happy I buy him a movie I think he would like and then grab a voucher to an auto-store. Super easy, still personal and it doesn't give me a headache by the end of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@Bee, christmas is the worst time to work retail!! 

I have actually finished as of yesterday! 

I always start shopping early. I also try to take advantage of the sales that happen around that time to get most of my pressies! I find that getting it all done early makes me feel waaaay less stressed about Christmas in general Smiley Tongue

All my family are super hard to buy gifts for. I usually start trying to catch hints really early in the year about what they might like to make it easier but it is still usually really hard!!

Christmas Gifts: 

Yeah, I smashed out all mine out last weekend (only 2 though so not a big achievement Smiley Happy ) It didn't take me long, my little sister helped me and my mum was easy Smiley Happy

Umm, well its kind of last minute, hasty and not a lot of thought... It seems to sneak up on me but I still try and do really good cards - I really enjoy writing them!

Probably my father, I don't ever want to get him anything and he's not interested in much so its hard anyway Smiley Sad

Highlighted

I have! But for my sisters because they're the easiest to think up ideas for Smiley Happy I actually went shopping today and hoo boy were there a lot of people out and about!

My Dad too (why are all our dads so hard to shop for? lol) i keep telling him if i don't get ideas he's getting something boring but it hasn't had an effect yet haha