cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

@scared01 that's such a beautiful way of thinking about a loved one at christmas <3

If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?

My family actually likes to change the colour combos we use some years, and last year we mixed green and black which was just...perfect. *sighs* Such a good aesthetic! I reckon i might try pulling the look off as a human haha

As to the type anything with glitter!!!
glitter GIF

Do you have a particular Christmas decoration/ornament that you love and means a lot to you?

So much of our christmas decorations we've had for years and years and years, and seeing them is always really nice and nostalgic Smiley Happy <3

Christmas decorations:
If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?
I imagine myself as either a white or army green tree or even a metal tree with dainty and delicate ornaments hanging off it in various colours and made of various materials - glass, clay, beading wire, beads, etc.of course a little bit of tinsel Smiley Tongue

I went to Pinterest to try and find an example, and here's what I found! Smiley Happy

WRG-1841017_6ft-Indoor-Outdoor-LED-Winter-Birch-Tree_SSC-30.jpeg74f731c5a3c3d9b093928d091c1b9f87.jpg705ab3a874482e7f174e9a04f1ef377d.jpg

Do you have a particular Christmas decoration/ornament that you love and means a lot to you?

I don't have many Christmas decorations, but I got one this year from a friend and it's handmade little candy cane, crosses and glitter in a small glass jar approx the size of my thumb! It's so pretty! It means a lot to me because she made it herself and it's original Heart

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

@ecla34 Green and black is such a look!!! I have a wig in those colours and it is freakin’ gorgeous! And yes, glitter for daaayyyssss! 

@Bee You would make a beautiful Christmas tree by the look of those examples! Absolutely love those white, wire trees! 

Awesome responses so far @Libellule@ecla34@Bee@litgym@scared01@Jess1-RO@annabethxchase@May_@dog_lover94@missep@ErinsAntics@mrmusic@michaelthomas! (I'm also excited at the number of people engaging in this thread Smiley Very Happy)

Here are today's questions:

Christmas wishes/cheer: 

What's something that we can do to spread the Christmas cheer?

giphy

How can we help those who struggle this time of year? 

giphy

Christmas decorations:

If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?

Hmmm, I'd [probably go for one of those cute little white ones that can light up and some cute little gold baubles. Something simple, but still pretty!

My mum gave my sister an I pretty, engraved, clay-like angels that usually go near the top of our tree. They're both really cute!

Here are today's questions:

Christmas wishes/cheer: 

The 1st thing that popped into y head are those cute cards that little kids give to each other with candy canes. I always loved getting a special message even though I don't really like candy canes Smiley Happy

In terms of food, our family usually donates some food or small present to a company that sends them to people/families who need food around Christmas! It's nice to know that you're making someone's day better, especially Christmas!

Here come three days worth of GR answers!

Wednesday: Christmas Gifts: 

Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Yes! And I'm almost done! (Have to buy a present for more one person)

For those who have finished your Christmas shopping what is your secret?

I try to budget over the year and take advantage of any Black Friday sales

Is there anyone you struggle with buying gifts for?

Like several others, my Dad! 

Thursday: Christmas decorations:

A green tree that is covered with snow and includes ornaments in the shapes of ice-cream cones, popsicles and chocolate bars

This popsicle one I got from Kmart last year (I couldn't find any this year which is a bit of a bummer!) because I thought it looked so cool especially with all the sprinkles!

IMG_2296.jpg

Friday: Christmas Cheer:

Singing Christmas songs! (Even though some people are starting to get bothered by my constant singing haha)

Oooh I remember handing out and receiving those cute cards when I was primary school @annabethxchase! They were so nice Smiley Very Happy

Just giving them what we can - whether that be loose change or in @annabethxchase's case with her family, food or a small gift Smiley Happy

This thread is AMAZING! I am coming in super late to the GR so prepare yourselves for a longggggg post from me! So great to see how many people have jumped into this discussion!!

Christmas traditions:

What does Christmas mean to you? Christmas is the one time of year all my extended family come together! I love spending time with my cousins and just having a laugh. It is the people around me that make Christmas special.

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love?

Every year there is a street in our neighborhood who go BIG with Christmas lights. The whole community gets behind it and we always walk there on Christmas Eve Smiley Happy

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?:

It's gotta be Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You"! That one is on repeat in my family during the lead up to Christmas Smiley Happy There's lot of terrible singing and dancing which is good fun!

Favourite Christmas Movie:

I always loved Miracle on 34th street and the Polar Express Smiley Happy

Christmas Gifts:

Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Definitely! I get in early to beat the crowds Smiley Happy

For those who have finished your Christmas shopping what is your secret?:

Start planning presents two months before! When I get an idea, I write it down so that when it comes to buying, it's not as stressful! That last minute rush is chaos at the shops.

Another tip is go online if shops aren't your thing Smiley Happy

Is there anyone you struggle with buying gifts for?:

Yes! I always struggle buying gifts for my dad- a few months ago I had an awesome idea, forgot to write it down and lost the thought. No doubt it will come back in time (I hope!)

Christmas decorations:

If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?

I want to be a big pine tree covered in snow with glitter and hand made ornaments Smiley Happy I'm big on making my own Christmas decorations and have made them since I was a kid!

Do you have a particular Christmas decoration/ornament that you love and means a lot to you? When I was little, there was this shop called the Christmas Cave and it was such a magical place! It always felt like I was stepping into the North Pole. When I was there, we got this train set that goes around the base of the Christmas tree. It was awesome! Of course we added little lego people to make the train have passengers like the Polar Express movie. We also had this little electronic "Marching band" that plays Christmas carols using symbols. I think my family got it when I was born!

Christmas wishes/cheer:

What's something that we can do to spread the Christmas cheer? How can we help those who struggle this time of year? 

Reach out to someone! Christmas is a time to reconnect, and for some people it is a really challenging time. Send someone a message you haven't spoken to in a while, write some cards or make a phone call. Reconnect Smiley Happy

Highlighted

woahhhh @Jess1-RO seems like you HATE christmas bahahhaha !!! ahhh christmas cave sounds awesome !! is it in sydney and do you know if it still exists ? ahhh i wanna go if it is haha

1. ahhh the good ol’ christmas cards with candy canes or the elf chocolate that popping candy in it !

2. i like @annabethxchase‘s idea. i also just think saying you are here for those who find christmas tough (me !!) and if they need someone contact them Smiley Happy

Yes for Elf popping candy chocolate- totally forgot about those! I'll have to get some @litgym.

I love this: "i also just think saying you are here for those who find christmas tough (me !!) and if they need someone contact them Smiley Happy" -So true, sometimes just being there is exactly what someone might need! Smiley Happy