cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

@annabethxchase OMG! that sounds sooo pretty! I even love the sound of the clay-like angels! Heart

@Esperanza67 I love the look of that icecream decoration!

Loving your responses @Jess1-RO

Christmas wishes/cheer:

What's something that we can do to spread the Christmas cheer?

How can we help those who struggle this time of year?

Others have mentioned good points, and I think all are applicable. I think we each help people in different ways, so while some people might be able to give money or food to others to help them, some people might be struggling financially thus making that hard, but being kind to each other and mindful that most people you bump into will have something that they are struggling with this year. And for those closer checking in and seeing how they are doing, wishing them a merry Christmas and seeing how they are coping with the added stress that Christmas can bring Smiley Happy Heart

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Highlighted

Christmas decorations:

If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?

I would be a traditional 6 foot pine tree, covered in all the metallic ornaments! If they sparkle and shine I want them, also lots of lights but no tinsel so the decorations could take centre stage Smiley Happy 

Do you have a particular Christmas decoration/ornament that you love and means a lot to you?

Each year I make decorations to give out to friends and family. I buy small glass bottles and fill them polymer clay trinkets - like candy canes, crosses etc then glue the cork on and tie ribbon around them. I tend to make them in September and start planning long before, they take a lot of work but I love making them and everyone loves to receive them as they are so unique.  I love putting them out every year as they are something I have made and they each remind me of a year prior.

Christmas wishes/cheer: 

What's something that we can do to spread the Christmas cheer? 

Just taking the time to acknowledge those who have supported us over the year, whether its by a text, Christmas card, baked goods or a small gift. 

How can we help those who struggle this time of year? 

Just letting them know that we are here for them and if we are able to including them in our family celebrations if they are lonely or isolated this time of year. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Whats something that we can do to spread christmas cheer?
I generally send out xmas cards, and encourage others to join me with a christmas movie if im watching it. i also put xmas lights on my house for those who enjoy xmas light hunting.

How can we help those who struggle at this time of year?

I donate some toys, books, and/or clothes to places like the salvation army who do the family packs for struggling families, if i know someone struggling then i also send them a card either in the mail or if i can arrange a time to see them i do that as well jsut to bring abit of joy to their day.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@annabethxchase i love the sound of your special ornament. how nice

@Esperanza67 i love your icecream oranment! how cools that!

@Jess1-RO i love all of your answers Heart

Like @Jess1-RO, I'm also super late to this (oops Smiley Tongue)

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ALL THE ANSWERS!

Christmas traditions:

What does Christmas mean to you? 

What I love about Christmas is that it's so different for everyone. For some, it's a religious holiday, for some it's about family, and for some it's just another day of the year. Personally I see it as a time to celebrate the year just gone, to reconnect with loved ones and to be grateful for everything I have in life Smiley Happy

Do you have any Christmas traditions that your family does that you love?

We put a Santa hat on top of our Christmas tree instead of an angel or a star! We also spend Boxing Day in our pyjamas watching the cricket Smiley Tongue

What's your favourite Christmas carol/song?:

Oooh I love all of them! If I had to pick one I'd say Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. As a kid I always loved how Santa accepted him for being different Smiley Happy

Favourite Christmas Movie:

Can never go wrong with Home Alone Smiley Tongue

Christmas Gifts:

Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Yep! I like to have mine done by the end of November at the latest (can't stand crowds)

For those who have finished your Christmas shopping what is your secret?:

Buy little things throughout the year (I tend to have a bag in my cupboard which I store presents in). People's interests generally don't change that much over the course of a few months, so spreading it out makes it much easier 

Is there anyone you struggle with buying gifts for?:

I also struggle with buying for my dad. I tend to stick to chocolate and coffee Smiley Tongue

Christmas decorations:

If you were a Christmas tree what colour and types of ornaments would you want to be hanging off your branches?

I would want to be 7,000 metres tall (yes, almost taller than Everest) and covered with ALL THE TINSEL

Do you have a particular Christmas decoration/ornament that you love and means a lot to you? 

When I was in Kinder we made wreaths out of macaroni. My parents still have the ones my sister and I made, and take it in turns to hang one of them on the front door each year Smiley Very Happy Heart

Christmas wishes/cheer:

What's something that we can do to spread the Christmas cheer? How can we help those who struggle this time of year? 

Donating gifts to Christmas drives (e.g. Share the Dignity, Kmart Wishing Tree...) is a really easy way to help out. Making the effort to send a personalised Christmas card to check in with people is also a good way to go.

That's a wrap on this week's Christmas questions! Absolutely feel free to join in if you didn't make it this week! Heart

I want to thank everyone who participated and wish you all a very Merry Christmas (No doubt we'll talk on the forums a lot beforehand Smiley Tongue )

And remember to do lots of self-care these this holiday season, we're always here to have a chat about tough times or fun things in hanging out. And here are some Christmas cats, because ya'll know I'm the crazy cat mod XD

@Esperanza67 @Libellule@ecla34@Bee@litgym@scared01@Jess1-RO@annabethxchase@May_@dog_lover94@missep@ErinsAntics@mrmusic@michaelthomas @lokifish

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

I had fun everyone!
This week was a great GR Smiley Happy

Thanks for the awesome chat, everyone! (Sorry I was so late to the party Smiley Tongue)

I've made a thread for Christmas GIFs so we can continue the awesomeness heheh Smiley Very Happy