cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SLOW-MO CHAT] Goals & Resolutions for 2019! 14-20 Jan

Happy New Years everyone!

It's the time of the year where a lot of us set goals and resolutions! 

It is also the perfect time to reflect upon your achievements in the prior year! 

giphy

Join us soon starting Monday January 14 to chat about what kind of goals we have and how we stick to them/achieve them!  

It's also super important to remember it's completely okay if you don't have a resolution or don't stick to it. We're only human Smiley Happy 

Re: [SLOW-MO CHAT] Goals & Resolutions for 2019! 14-20 Jan

Looking forward to this @missep! xx

Just a reminder that this is starting TOMORROW! First question should be up in the morning Smiley Very Happy

Who's gonna join us? Smiley Happy

I squealed 'ME!!' Like a 5yr old than hehe

I'm going to try to pop on for a bit tomorrow! Keen! Smiley Happy

Okay folks, it's Monday! Which means it's time for our first question

Let's start off with a nice, easy one Smiley Happy

Do you have any goals for 2019? Why have you chosen those goals?

My goals and resolutions are here! I wrote them out a few weeks ago Smiley Happy and explained why I chose them etc.

Pumped for this Chat!!

I also made some a few weeks ago

@Bee wrote:

So for me I also have a bit of a focus around mental health and I guess a big one is continuing on the path I am - seeing my psychologist and psychiatrist regularly. I also have 2 specific goals which I want to achieve this year.

1. Journal more frequently

I found a really cool idea on Pinterest the other day, and I’ve actually started it! Basically, it uses a weekly planner, and you jot down things from the day. So for me, I’m going to use it to track how I’m taking care of me, in order to track my mental health progress. So I’ve started by jotting down if I’ve taken my medication on time, if I’ve showered, brushed my hair & teeth, etc. And then if I need more space I can start journaling in my blue book from last year. I have decided to continue in the same book as I didn’t use it much last year Smiley Happy

I figure that this will give me a good indication of how I am actually doing at taking care of me, and I can adapt and add in little goals to focus on once I get into the habit of tracking it all. I started it last night and it was nice to be able to reflect and say hey I did actually achieve things today, even if it was looking after my body by being clean Smiley Happy

2. Exercise frequently

I’m going to start by aiming to attend the pool once a week to start then increase number of days/hours as I get into the habit/more comfortable in the environment. I do have a hydro-therapy exercise plan but I feel it’s a bit too advanced right now, so I’m going to back it off a little and do the simpler ones and might add in a bit of swimming pending on how I feel. I used to do that 3 times a week after my initial injury, so I am going to start with once a week and slowly build up my strength and stamina. I would love to get back into yoga but I know my foot is a long way off being able to do much of it, so I am going to start with my hydrotherapy and really just listen to my body and work on it Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

So my goals are a bit different to others but these are my personal goals to reach the road of recovery Smiley Happy 

1. be more honest and open to my professionals. i chose this goal because it’ll help me build more trust and relationship with them as well as getting the help i needHeart

2. be more productive 

my productive might not be the obvious BIG things, im working towards journaling everyday and just little goals that make me feel productive. also my new role on reach out Smiley Happy

3. get the most out of my mental illnesses (if that makes sense)

taking the opportunities to help and support meHeart

Highlighted

I don't know if I will stick to it but I want to: 

-Work out more

-Read more! (at least 2 books a month) 

-Maybe start my youtube channel hopefully?

I want to do the things that make me happy and feel good Smiley Happy