cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW-MO: Coping with Study Stress, 21st-25th of September

Hey guys! Smiley Very Happy

Starting tomorrow the 21st of September, we're going to be running a week long chat about coping with study stress! Heart

I know for a lot of people studying right now, this time of the year is starting to get super busy with assignments and in the lead up to exams. A lot of people are still online for the most part as well, which can still be pretty up and down in a lot of ways Smiley Sad

So each weekday we'll be posting a question about studying and managing the related stresses that come with it, so that we can share our experiences and any tips we have Smiley Very Happy 

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone about any issue then you can also call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

We'll be kicking this chat off tomorrow! See you then! Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Re: SLOW-MO: Coping with Study Stress, 21st-25th of September

Ooh this should be an interesting chat! Looking forward to hearing everyone's perspectives and study tips!

Happy Monday everyone!

Let's get this started with today's questions Smiley Very Happy

Are you studying at the moment? How are you finding it? Anything you're really loving or finding challenging?

law school finals GIF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Yep I am! I'm studying psychology as a major atm but the majority of the work is online! I'm not enjoying online study really and procrastination is at an all time high. What I am enjoying hmm.. one of my stats assignments involves some creativity which is making it more bearable

Tagging some people who have been online recently and might be interested in this GR:
@Tiny_leaf   @xXLexi_Lou122Xx   @MB95   @Remi @Bingo1234  @sunnygirl606 @wanderingwasp @celestialdreamer @Mayour @ameliaj @meganjane14 @Abderian @Guitarman97 @marlee @funnyusername @A_Friend @Ezle @LeapofFaith @FluffyDog @h0peful @Anonymous @featuringme @cicadas @Jimh @Vuyo @Sharnaayheey @StarGirl101 @JasminH @indieinsanus @StormySeas17 @November13 @sapphieandelfie  @JullyBean  @squiggly 
Sorry if I've missed anyone. It's okay if you don't want to participate. Smiley Happy

thank you! I'm not studying but am working from home and aiming to enrol in a course in the coming months.

also - how do I 'join' a chat Smiley LOL do I click 'subscribe' ? aha

That's so cool you're working from home @cicadas! I hope you end up enjoying the course! Smiley Happy What are you planning to study?

We'll be posting questions every weekday on this thread. It's up to you whether you want to reply to them and answer them. Smiley Happy

Thanks for tagging me @WheresMySquishy, I always manage to miss these! 

But yeah, I'm studying at the moment and am REALLY struggling with the online learning! I hate it and really miss face to face connections... online lectures are cool cause I can pause and take time making my notes but workshops online SUCK! 👎

@MB95  I can relate to that! I used to feel as though as I had to go to tutorials and on-campus things. During my degree, we did a lot of interesting practical things and group work in class. I wonder what people who are taking science-based classed are doing.

Hi all!

Here's our next question:
What are your top study tips?

giphy