Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SLOW-MO GR] All About the Drought! 11-17 Feb

Today’s question is: 

What were some ways you saved water? Do you still follow these now? ☺️

Such an important discussion this week. 

Just in response to yesterday's question about how to support people experiencing drought - 

Here are a list of places you could donate to , or support: 

What were some ways you saved water? Do you still follow these now?

I used to have a timer for showering to try save water and i have to admit i'm nowhere near as strict with it now! I was reflecting recently on how quickly it seems everyone stopped actively trying to save water once the restrictions were lifted. My neighbour pretty much has the sprinklers going every day and it's still so strange to me! I don't think the front nature strip needs to be fluffy and bright green in February! Just me?
We used to have a bucket in the shower to catch the cold water while the shower's warming up but we always forgot to empty it in the garden Smiley LOL Best of intentions and all that jazz lol

so sorry im late!

there have been some really good answers here thats for sure!

How were people affected by the drought?
So so so many people were affected in different ways but some that come to mind is lack of water and food for both themselves and also their pets, along with great losses of livestock.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

what can we do to help? e.g raise awareness or what kind of foundations can we donate to?

charities are good to donate to such as need a feed and also buyabale as well. i think there has been quite alot of info brought to light over the past few months with all the social media advertisements.

what were some ways you saved water? do you still follow these now?
some ways i save water is
- have quick showers
- limit car washing
- use the washing machine (or if you have a dishwasher) only when its full
- fill up drink bottles for water rather than getting a drink from the tap cause lets be honest how many tip the water they dont drink out- so waters saved by filling and drinking out of water bottles.

Hi everyone! Happy Valentines Day! 

Here is today's question: 

Should we be planning for future droughts? How can we do this? 

My answer to this is, we should 100% be planning for future droughts. If we plan effectively then we can minimise the damage. I think the government should make sure we have many backup plans in place. Water reserves or ways to get water down in emergencies and funding! Funding is so important as well. The farmers were losing so much money and were struggling. 

I don't know much about this topic but I'm really interested in what you guys think as well! 

Here is the last question everybody! 

How do vast environmental changes such as droughts affect the mental health of Australians? Who are most affected? Why? 

@scared01 @ecla34 @gina-RO @Libellule @Bee @JanaG @May_

Highlighted

should we be planning for future droughts? how can we do this?

yes of course, perhaps by building another dam or 2 in areas that get alot of water would be good, water sanitation plants so ocean water if needed could be made into fresh water and then transported to areas in need.
water seems to be the main issue as its needed or various things including growing crops so by saving water, implemeting other water schemes i think it would be most helpful.

How do vast environmental changes such as droughts affect the mental health of Australians? Who are most affected? Why?

by not having their basic needs met i can imagine their mh would be sufferring greatly.
worrying about how to pay bills, what their next meal may be and how they may get it, water worries, how to feed their animals would be a huge thing.