cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Come back and listen to me anytime you need, and always remember, this too shall pass. Join the Koze Community discord chat: https://discord.gg/BVzcZWwmSZ C...

Re: SLOW-MO GR: Being kind to myself (18th to 22nd of January)

@Wathan thanks for posting the question today

What are 3 things you can do to be kinder to yourself right now or in the next few days?

1. Be grateful where you are at right now in life

2. Flip the negative thoughts

3. Do something you love

Bonus watch a pep talk here is link if you need it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oim4FWz-LcM&t=1484s

What are 3 things you can do to be kinder to yourself right now or in the next few days?

I could:

• Go outside for some fresh air 
  • Do some meditation/breathing exercises 
  • Schedule a day where I just chill and not do much

There are many things we can do to be kinder to ourselves, this is just mine. Participating in this chat has been a wonderful + insightful experience, I've learnt so much Smiley Very Happy

- Take a break from career stuff until I go back to work on Monday and not feeling guilty for not doing work on the weekend.

- Enjoy one of my hobbies instead of worrying about the upcoming appointments and tests I'm having and whether I'm doing a good enough job of adhering to my treatment.
- Practicing gratitude that I am still here as tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my emergency surgery.

• Watch some TV
  • Write in my journal
  • Try to read a book

What a great GR! We had so many people participate! I've enjoyed going back to read over your answers more thoroughly, it's so interesting to hear everyone's perspectives about being kind to ourselves.

Thank you to @Milkninja222 @WinterCalvino @Alexarose @featuringme and @Wathan for posting the questions each day Heart

And thank you to @WheresMySquishy @A_Friend @Kaylee-RO  @musicfan_xo @scared01 @hunginc and @Sophia-RO for participating in the chat and for all your amazing answers! Smiley Very Happy (sorry if I missed anyone!)

14717.gif

Some things I've taken away from this chat (in the form of quotes- I got the idea from @WinterCalvino  Smiley Tongue)

You are your first person, your own best friend, and there is nothing more painful than seeing your best friend run down, and hurting! Nurture yourself

-Kaylee-RO

The world has enough people judging, we dont need to constantly critique ourselves as well

-scared01

...it's okay not to be okay; it's okay to struggle. Self care isn't selfish in any way, it's necessary for everybody

-musicfan_xo

giphy

[We can be kinder to ourselves by] ..changing our expectations and how we measure success. Success is not about never failing or messing up

-WheresMySquishy

...being aware of our thoughts and feelings, and perhaps our behaviours might help us identify when we might need to be kinder to ourselves

-hunginc

[being kind to ourselves] ..opens up opportunities to learn about ourselves and take the time heal from the negative things we can say about ourselves.

-WinterCalvino

Who we interact with can also have drastic effects on our wellbeing. Looking after ourselves can also involve setting boundaries, and surrounding ourselves with supportive and caring people. 

-featuringme

...you can your own best friend or worst enemy. Being kind means that you can experience the more positive aspects and circumstances of life

-Milkninja222

I think what would have helped me was t be kind person or friend that I needed and this would have helped with self-awareness that i needed

-A_friend

giphy.gif

Finally, (this is a huge post, sorry!), here's the list of the questions for anyone who still wants to answer them (you can answer whenever/if ever you want)

1. What does being kind to ourselves mean? Why is important? What are some outcomes of being kind to ourselves?

2. Does how we talk to ourselves impact on our approach to different aspects of our lives (e.g. work/study, relationships, sleep, eating, etc)?

3. What kind of skills should we keep in mind when trying to be kinder to ourselves? How might we tackle resistance or obstacles to being kinder to ourselves?

4. Can you think of an example of when you would have liked to be kinder to yourself and how you think it would have helped at the time?

5. What are 3 things you can do to be kinder to yourself right now or in the next few days?

Thanks everyone, I hope you have a good weekend!

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 thank you and to everyone that participated. It really was such a great chat, so many inspiring/ helpful answers. I hope everyone had a good day today and has one tmr too

Sorry guys! im a little late to finish. my stupid internet wouldnt let on the last few days-super annoying

The 3 self care things i could do would be
-go for a drive somewhere nice as its one thing i like to do
-Do some colouring in
-do some revised studies

thanks everyone who contributed the past week!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

1. Finish an artwork that I know will make me feel better having it finished, and art is therapeutic too.
2. Take some photos, and see if I can take some good ones. I'm not too bad with a camera... Smiley Happy
3. Do some rebus puzzles! So fun Smiley Very Happy

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 Smiley Very Happy