cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW-MO GR: Building Rapport with Professionals, 12th-18th August

A topic we see come up on the forums a lot, particularly recently, is the ups and downs of the relationship you have with your psychologist and other mental health professionals. 

are you okay lilo and stitch GIF

It's super common to be unsure before your first appointment and to ask yourself questions like:

How is the session going to go?

Am I going to like my psychologist?

Am I going to ending up paying for the privilege of spending 50 minutes in awkward silence (hopefully not! Smiley Tongue)

It's also really common not to click with the first professional you see, and you might want to figure out how to change psychologists, but not be sure how.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

(If you're considering seeing a psychologist for the first time, there's lots of good info here to get you started)

To get a discussion going on this topic, we're hosting a SLOW-MO GR on the week running from the 12th-18th of August to chat about 

Rapport with Professionals: How you know if a psychologist is right for you and how you can talk to your psych about building rapport/changing psychologists. We'd love you all to join in! Heart Smiley Very Happy

We'll be posting new questions every weekday and hope to get a really informative and helpful chat going! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's thoughts and perspectives! Heart

If at any time you're feeling distressed or you feel like you need to talk to someone about an issue then you can also call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Re: SLOW-MO GR: Building Rapport with Professionals, 12th-18th August

definently looking forward to this one
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@ecla34 this sounds like such a great topic!

I didn't get the notification though... did that happen to anyone else here, or just me?

Highlighted

@scared01 @Tiny_leaf should be a great discussion!! Smiley Very Happy Really looking forward to this one! 

Not quite sure what happened there @Tiny_leaf with the notification Smiley Sad, thanks for letting us know! Heart Did you find the same @scared01

yep no notification here either @ecla34 its been happening on alot of threads lately.

@scared01 oh no, really? Smiley Surprised 
I'll flag that and see if there's a reason Heart

might just be a glitch in there somewhere @ecla34
i got this notification though. it just seems to be scatterred as to when/where i recieve the notifications

Great topic! Looking forward to this GR and everyone's insights! Smiley Happy

Hi everyone!

Here are some questions to kick off:

What qualities do you think a psychologist should have?

giphy

Have you seen a psychologist before? If so, do you have any advice to those who are seeing a psychologist for the first time?

giphy