cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW-MO GR: FUTURE STRESS 15th-21st July

Howdy everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Coming up is our Getting Real Slow-mo chat surrounding Future Stress

future GIF
Moving into the second half of the year, lots of us are going to have to make some choices about what to do next! Particularly those finishing up high school!

(check out ROs video on Life After High School! Smiley Very Happy Heart)

It can be super daunting figuring out what to do next, and it can lead to a lot of stress and a lot of anxiety Smiley Sad Whatever stage you're at, you're definitely not alone on this journey and we're always here to talk it through! Heart There's no right or wrong time to reach a certain goal or figure out what you want to do Heart

Please feel free to join us on the week running from the 15th-21st of July to chat about Future Stress and how to cope with it Smiley Very Happy

If at any time you're feeling distressed or you feel like you need to talk to someone about an issue then you can also call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Re: SLOW-MO GR: FUTURE STRESS 15th-21st July

please tag me so i dont forget Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

can do @scared01! Smiley Very Happy I can tag you for each question we pop up if you'd like? 

Time to get started everyone! For the first round of questions:

What are your plans for the future? Could be for next week or for 15 years from now in your dream career! If you're a bit stuck/unsure, what are you doing nowadays? Smiley Very Happy

clash of clans plan GIF by Clasharama

I'm hoping to become a clinical psychologist. I'm working really hard towards this.

For ages I wanted to be a journalist and then I realised that wasn't what I wanted to do. My world crumbled a bit to start off with, but now I'm on an even better path. How about other people?

@ecla34 right now, I'm just trying to stay as healthy as I can Smiley Indifferent

I hope to get a service dog in the next couple of years though, then I might be able to study or even get a job.

Oooh~
I am not currently old enough, but I do know a few of my dream jobs in the future!

I want to be a psychologist/school counsellor, a musician, dancer, singer, teacher, or someone to help teens in general.

I am currently in year 8, so I have a while yet. But Those are what I want to be! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@MisoBear that sounds really challenging having to face such a huge change in your plans Smiley Sad So glad that it's lead you to path that you love now though Heart Any area you're keen on in particular? Smiley Happy

My experience was both very similar and the complete opposite!

Since about year 9/10 i've always wanted to be a clinical psychologist (barring semester 1 of uni where i nearly dropped out because i was second guessing everything). But from the first day of my honours year in psych this year i knew that it wasn't the right fit for me, at least not now. I'm really enjoying my study and still want to have a career in mental health, but beyond that who knows? Not quite sure what happened there, i guess people and goals change. 

@Tiny_leaf focusing on your health right now sounds really important to invest in Heart It's definitely more than fair! Heart Is there anything you like the idea of studying?

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx those sound like amazing dream jobs! It would be so cool if you could combine some of them into one, like being a music therapist at a school or something! Smiley Very Happy