cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SLOW-MO GR: FUTURE STRESS 15th-21st July

Thank you @ecla34!
That actually sounds pretty cool. I hope that could maybe be a strategy to help with it... Smiley Wink

@ecla34 zoology or vet studies hopefully, or informally studying art.

Like @ecla34 and @MisoBear have both mentioned previously, I also plan to pursue a career in psychology since I'm studying it at uni at the moment. However, like @ecla34, I still don't know exactly which field I would like to pursue. I'm still torn as to whether I should become a clinical psychologist to pursue an academic/research career in social psych.

@Tiny_leaf zoology looks really neat! working with animals sounds so rewarding, they're so loving Heart

@Esperanza67 decisions are hard man! can someone else make them? 😂

@ecla34 as soon as I read that my brain played me a montage of all the times they've bitten, scratched and kicked me Smiley LOL

They definitely can be though, when the mood strikes them. They can also be incredibly sassy without even using words.

Actually, I might be able to do some work experience at a vet clinic! I'm hoping that being near the animals will keep me calm enough to deal with all the people..

I'm going to have to get really good at avoiding angry cat attacks Smiley Tongue

What have I missed?!
Are there any other questions for tonight?
If not, I’ll log off. I have school tomorrow. *Sigh*
And rehearsal. *Bigger Sigh*

I'm planning on studying architecture at uni, so I'm picking my subjects for next year around working towards that goal, but I'm also going to choose psychology so that if I change my mind in the next few years I'll have experience in a different field that I'm also interested in.
I love science and maths, but I also love art so I thought architecture could let me study both science and maths as well as art subjects.
Highlighted

What are your plans for the future? Could be for next week or for 15 years from now in your dream career! If you're a bit stuck/unsure, what are you doing nowadays?

Like some other ReachOut members, I hope to get into postgraduate study in psychology. I'm hoping to study clinical psychology. Last year, I was shortlisted and interviewed at my home uni but didn't make the final selection, so I'm going to apply again this year and also look at some other universities. It's pretty stressful because I was told that 600 people applied, 60 were interviewed and only 25 got in. I'm kind of glad that I didn't get in though because I think it would have been too much with my increased caring responsibilities this year. As well as being a carer, I am volunteering at a psychology practice and nursing home, as well on ReachOut. I have been doing a lot of webinars and short courses as well.

I like to keep lists of other goals and plans I'd like to achieve. For example, I like to set aside time to get out of the house or do something nice for myself. I also have health goals because I find that it's important for me to know what I want to achieve from treatments. Sometimes, I also have goals for relationships, such as being closer with family members.

I love these responses!

Here is today's question:

Is there anything about your plans that's giving you a bit of anxiety/stress or that you're uncertain about?

giphy

Ooh.
That's a definite for me!

Because I'm still a few years off choosing subjects for my certs before uni, I don't get to really choose any elective subjects that have to do with psychology.
I know that one thing that will stress me out, is that I don't know what subjects I need to study to get into that position. I do know that I have my guidance counsellor, who obviously had to do those sorts of subjects, to become a counsellor. So I can ask her about it, which will be helpful. But then again, I'm still too young at the moment to really be thinking about what I want to do...

Something that's giving me stress right now, is that my musical production is getting closer and closer to the show days, and I'm feeling pretty exhausted all the time. I want to be able to get good grades to be able to get somewhere in life too!

*Sigh*

I'll get there. Great question @WheresMySquishy!