cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SLOW-MO GR] Growing Up

There's nothing more terrifying than waking up one day to discover you're no longer a child, and that you suddenly have strange adult things like responsibilities.

(Okay maybe giant spiders are more terrifying, but you get my point).

images.jpg

If you, like me, are having major and/or minor crisis about your age, approaching adulthood, being an adult, and all the ups and downs of getting older, then this is the chat for you!

Come and join us for a chat about growing up, starting on Monday 20th August with a new question each day!

Re: [SLOW-MO GR] Growing Up

Good morning everyone!! Smiley Very Happy  It's time for the first question(s) of the week! 

Are you an adult (over 18) yet?

If yes, do you enjoy being an adult? If no, are you looking forward to it?

tired happy birthday GIF by Looney Tunes

I guess I'll take the first question then? Smiley Tongue

(yes Smiley Tongue)

I admit, the perks of being an adult include being allowed to buy myself shit that I wouldn't be able to get otherwise. Working isn't too bad either, because I have a job I actually enjoy. But overall? Ha, ha no I am not a fan. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

(me trying to do anything)

I am not very good at the whole "adulting" thing. Thankfully I have my parents around to help me out with some of the things that adults are required to do. 

No, not yet! I'm 16 almost 17

I'm definitely excited and looking forward to the independence benefits of adulthood, such as having the freedom to go wherever I want, being able to work at a larger range of places, join more communities, etc. However, I'm dreading having to actually manage my money and sort out my future and career! 

@youcandothis welcome to the chat! Smiley Happy
There are definitely some awesome benefits to adulthood! Trying to manage money though is so hard! I'm a few years into adulthood and I don't think I've sorted out anything yet Smiley Tongue (just recently my mum was getting concerned over the fact I hadn't done any taxes for a couple of years... turns out I didn't even need to Smiley Tongue) You've still got a year or two left to enjoy the not dealing with money though! Smiley Very Happy

no, im not yet. im 14 Smiley Happy

im not really sure if im looking forward to being an adult. i feel like it would be quite life changing and a lot of work. but im kinda excited because i get to make my own choices and do stuff by myself e.g make delicious vegetarian meals !! go to my gp without dealing with parents etc. exploring the world and no one stopping me Smiley Happy

Yes unfortunately I am over 18. Do I like being an adult? Hell no, sure being able to do things independently without parents having to say no is nice but growing up sucks. I wish I was still a kid. The amount of stuff you have to worry about when you get older is crazy stupid. Don't let this scary anyone haha. Just my opinion!

I think the cons out weigh the pros of growing up.

Unfortunately I am Smiley Sad

Sometimes I do because I can drive myself places (when I'm not injured like now) and can do what I want (within reason of course!) But things like responsibilities can sometimes be quite overwhelming and scary! But overall I guess it's okay..

responsibility GIF

Rugrats GIF

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Really interesting responses so far! I'm also an adult (90s kids unite! Smiley Tongue) so can relate to a lot of what some of you are saying

Some of you have already kinda answered this (because you're just THAT good Smiley Tongue) but here's our next question:

What sort of things do you associate with adulthood?

What sort of things do you associate with adulthood?

Taxes, bills, car and car stuff, jobs, money, money management, cooking, grocery shopping, and probably so much more I'm forgetting atm Smiley Tongue

cf GIF

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart