cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SPECIAL GR: 25 Feb - Review of how GR's are going

Hello to all our awesome forum users! Smiley Happy

Over the last 6 months or so, there have been many changes in how we approach GR's. We have introduced Slow-Mo GR's, and have scheduled GR's every 2 weeks rather than weekly. We appreciate that these changes have taken a while to get used to, so on behalf of all of the mods and staff, a massive THANK YOU to everyone for working with us during these changes!

Join us on Monday 25 February at 7:30pm AEDT, as we reflect on the impact of these previous changes, as well as brainstorm new ideas for running GR's. Everyone is welcome - whether you've just joined up, or whether you've been a member since forever.

Look forward to seeing you on the night! Any questions, please feel free to ask below!

Re: SPECIAL GR: 25 Feb - Review of how GR's are going

You've all worked so hard on GRs Heart

Welcome to tonight's GR, we'are chatting about our Getting Real Chats and would love your feedback Smiley Happy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Meeting GIF

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

To kick things off tonight 

1. Have you ever participated (by answering questions or reading afterwards) in a GR? How did you feel?

Have you ever participated (by answering questions or reading afterwards) in a GR? How did you feel?

No, I have never participated in a GR. In fact I have never posted on this site before. What does GR even stand for? Gherkin relish? Gettin' rowdy?

Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

In all seriousness though, I love GRs. They've been a constant throughout the many years I've been on the forums (not long until it's been a whole decade *screams* Smiley Surprised) and I have fond memories of smiling and laughing in front of the computer screen, because I've bonded with other forum users even though I have no idea who they really are Heart

I am just going to tag some members who are online who might be interested in jumping in Smiley Happy

@Booknerd  @SpencerH13  @Cheeseburger @DirtWitch  @Saltwaterdreamtime @indieinsanus @aebarrie12 @redhead @trashconverters 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

hahahaha @lokifish I absolutely expected that from you! Smiley Tongue

Have you ever participated (by answering questions or reading afterwards) in a GR? How did you feel?

I have participated in quite a few GR's by now Smiley Tongue

How I feel after a chat often depends on the chat itself, but mainly I feel tired, I find it tiring to be socially connected for long periods in such an intense way. But I also feel connected to the forums through the GR. 

@Bee yeah, it does depend on the topic for me too. I like to chill out in Games sometimes when it's a toughie but I still want to participate - it helps keep up my emotional energy for longer Smiley Happy

Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts! If you're reading along let us know what you think (even if you've never participated in a GR before!)