cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SPECIAL GR: 25 Feb - Review of how GR's are going

Have you ever participated (by answering questions or reading afterwards) in a GR? How did you feel?

One of my favourite parts of the forums month is participating in the GRs, especially the live ones! It makes me feel super connected to our community and I love reading everyone's responses. I often go back and read over the GR threads after they happen too- I learn so much from everyone's insights and experiences Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Have you ever participated (by answering questions or reading afterwards) in a GR? How did you feel?

I never read them (unfortunately) because I don't have the attention span to read through all the responses. 

I can't speak for the past, though I know from my first ever posts that I was quite active in GR's when I first joined the forums but then my attention levels dropped and now GR's are really hard to participate in because I'm either feeling like shit or just can't pay attention long enough. Plus I think my engagement dropped when I had to run the GR's and I got maybe a bit annoyed with it all? But yeah, I have terrible attention and that greatly affects my participation in GRs.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@lokifish that's interesting, I feel weird partaking in a GR and also chatting on other threads too!

@Jess1-RO YES The feeling of connectedness is quite amazing hey! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

That is a really good point about attention span @N1ghtW1ng. Particularly with the time of night and the duration may impact attention

Ok, next question:

Do you prefer Slow-Mo GRs (over a week) or regular GRs (one night only)? Why?

The point about timing is super important... I know the reason why I'm typically not on for regular GRs is because it's just too late in the evening, and I either forget or else am too busy/tired. Moving it to 7:30pm instead of 8pm helped, though Smiley Happy

My favourite is definitely the live chat, but at the same time I also know it is very high energy for members to keep up with as well (eg: have to be online at the right time and sometimes when there are tons of posts it can be hard to keep up). At the same time, sometimes the live chat is the best way to really get to know each other well too.

On the other hand, the slowmos have the added benefit of being over a week, meaning more people have the opportunity to be involved and are not time constrained. It also means it is less time pressured for our mods and builders who ran the GRs too! However, I always miss that sense of connection I get with the live GRs and sometimes they dn't get as many posts. 

Pros and cons to both, however both really contribute a huge amount to getting the community chatting about important issues in the one space Heart

Like @Jess1-RO said, there are pros and cons to both. Personally I prefer the slow mos because it's easier for me to jump into the chat at some point. They're a pain to organise though if you don't have lots of people helping out throughout the week

I don't really have a preference, some topics are better suited to a Slow-Mo and others to a regular GR.
I think I like the slow-mo more as we get more time to think about the question and respond

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Beeand we don't find ourselves frantically trying to search for the right GIF!