cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SPECIAL GR: 25 Feb - Review of how GR's are going

I just find them both hard to engage with to be honest, because most of the time I can't get myself to read text and be able to... digest? Process maybe? it. It's weird but yeah. Especially when slow-mos get really long answers, I just can't read through the entire posts.

Plus organisation is hard and interest seems to be dropping, but that could just be me.

@N1ghtW1ng perhaps we need a challenge to post our answers in GIF/image form, rather than slabs of text? Smiley Tongue

Haha who knows, maybe having a fun gif with every answer will make my brain actually pay attention Smiley Tongue

SO accurate @lokifish!!! I LOOOOVE that GIF!

Focus is hard when reading super long posts of texts @N1ghtW1ng ! I like @lokifish idea of the gif/image challenge

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Very true @Bee and @lokifish - it seems like there are two really important things to remember when planning the GRs. One is the duration and opportunity to have input outside of a set time. And the second is about the time it takes to think and respond. 

Maybe there are two key questions that can contribute to the choice of topic for a Slomo vs a live GR:

1. Is this a conversation that would get more input if we have it over a week?

2. Do the questions we ask require more time to think and respond?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Alternatively, stuff like "in 5 words or less, answer this question" idk I think we can make GRs more fun and game-like as opposed to the same repetitive structure (which does get boring)

I like the ideas of five words or less or gifs @lokifish. Having fun ways to interact might help Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

I love the idea of asking those questions while considering the format of a GR @Jess1-RO

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

To follow on from the last question...

Late last year, we changed from weekly to fortnightly GRs: Which do you prefer? Why?

Late last year, we changed from weekly to fortnightly GRs: Which do you prefer? Why?

For me it's not so much a matter of preference as a matter of what's realistic. I loved it when we had weekly GRs because you get twice as many topics to read about, but it's also twice as much organisation. It can also be difficult to come up with enough topics sometimes when people don't suggest any (don't want to repeat ourselves too often) so again it comes back to a matter of engagement Smiley Happy