cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Slow Mo GR] Nostalgia - 17th-21st of June!

Let's talk about nostalgia! 

Nostalgia is defined as 'a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past'. 

We want to focus on the things that made us happy for example fun and good memories, old games, tv shows, music, fashion...the list goes on and on! 

For example we can talk about the 90s and Pokemon, Nintendo, 90s cartoons.

The possibilities are endless! Nostalgia can encompass so many different wonderful things. 

high five will smith GIF

So please join us on our chat starting Monday 17th of June! Let's hop on the memory train! 

Re: [Slow Mo GR] Nostalgia - 17th-21st of June!

HELLO hello! Hello

I'm super stoked to get lost down memory lane this week, how about you guys? Should be really lovely to see who finds what nostalgic and why Smiley Very Happy

hey arnold nicksplat GIF
The first couple of questions we have for you are:

What is a happy and good memory that you have?

spring april GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

and

What did you enjoy doing in your childhood, was there a favourite toy, game, place or experience you had?

happy jimmy fallon GIF

(pretty sure i still have my old elmo toy Smiley LOL)

This is a lovely opportunity both to share some wonderful reflections and memories, as well as to have a bit of a geek out about old interests and old favs! 

Heart Looking forward to everyone's responses! Heart

Highlighted

I have a lot of good memories of travel and holidays, which I really treasure because I won't be able to have a holiday for probably about a year due to my sister being ill. I also have a lot of happy memories of exploring the city with my great uncle whenever he visited Australia and stayed with us. He would always give us really good advice and bring us souvenirs from Canada. He passed away a few years ago and while I never got to say goodbye to him, I still treasure these memories. I still have his number on my phone and can't bring myself to delete it.

What did you enjoy doing in your childhood, was there a favourite toy, game, place or experience you had?
I really loved anything related to Pokemon when I was younger. I had every Pokemon game and even had the special edition Pikachu Gameboy Color. I had this Pokedex, which I still have lying around somewhere, and this toy which was like a pedometer combined with a virtual pet. To this day, I still love Pokemon!

Other favourite toys when I was younger:
Polly Pocket
What's Her Face
Betty Spaghetty
Dragon Ball
Silly Bandz
Mighty Beanz
Tamagotchi
Barbie
Robotic toys
Diva Starz
MyScene
Loom bands
Littlest Pet Shop
Putty and slime
Sticker books
Anything involving collectibles such as Misstique dolls, Squinkies, Beanie Babies and I remember there also being some dog one.

Some other games I liked when I was younger:
Spyro the Dragon
Crash Bandicoot
Super Smash Bros.
Kirby
Super Mario
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Kingdom Hearts
Animal Crossing
The Legend of Zelda
The Sims
Tycoon games

Oof. Sorry I wasn't on last night!
I like this GR!

Hmm...
I definitely liked Pokémon, but that's the only thing that lasted over a period of time...

Loom bands was a great one, I loved the bracelets and necklaces I made. And the charms too!
I'm a lot younger than most people here, so I have later favourites. Smiley Happy
That's all I got today. Great Idea for a GR guys!

//Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible"//

Oh my goodness! Betty Spaghetti and Diva Starz! I forgot about those until you mentioned them @WheresMySquishy ! That was my jam during childhood!

I really like Pokemon too @xXLexi_Lou122Xx and I've still continued playing on haha.

I love loom bands @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! My younger cousins used them all the time so I bought some glow in the dark loom bands and we had a blast. I still have some at home! Also by the way I love your signature quote: "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible"Heart

I remember driving in the car with my parents on the way to Queensland to see family and listening to Queen best hits the entire 14 hour car ride on repeat. I was 5 years old and vividly remember (back in the days when cars had cassette players!)

bohemian rhapsody 80s GIF

When I was younger I loved stuffed bears and collected them. My brother and I ran a fake school for our teddy bears. All our favourite bears got A's in the bear class haha! Lots of these Beanie Babies:

Image result for beanie bears

I also used to have a fergie:

Image result for fergie toy

Do you remember eye toy game on playstation? That was also the coolest game on Playstation 2 back in the day Smiley Very Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

@WheresMySquishy The Sims and Animal Crossing are still my life (hence my avatar!). I've been trying to get into Pokemon more recently, it's always very fun!

I love seeing all your answers and am looking forward to answering them myself when I have a little extra time! Smiley Very Happy Nonetheless, here are today's questions!

What TV show did you love and gives you nostalgia?

Are there any movies that you loved during your childhood/in the past?

giphy

I remember my little sister and I used to make up games on our trampoline, like Princesses and Queens and we'd just run around and be really silly. I also was obsessed with trying to recreate the amazing egg-carton crafts on Playschool. You can literally make anything out of toilet rolls and cardboard boxes. Image result for gif playschool

I used to write stories and poems all the time. My parents used to bust me being up late at night reading (probably was like 9pm but in my mind it was like 3am) or writing stories or even sometimes doing full-blown art pieces with my 24-pack of Derwent pencils haha. I was also obsessed with the Sims like some other users on here. I would always spend like 6 hours constructing the perfect sim and then would spend like 10 minutes actually playing the game haha. And yes, I literally played the Sims 1 back when it was like high-tech lol. What a time to be alive.Image result for sims 1 gifs

Thank you @Jess1-RO!
I thought of it, and now I want to combine my first one together!

Hmm... I don’t really know...

1. I used to be obsessed with Dora the Explorer, but I was even more obsessed with Peppa Pig...
I absolutely get nostalgic when I watch My Little Pony or The Fresh Prince o’ Belair. They are the best shows ever!

2. Oof... another tough one...
I guess my favourite place was a dance floor. Every time there’s a wooden dance floor and a barre, I feel awesome. Especially with my socks on, or in this case, my ballet shoes from when I was 3.
Now for me, anything where I can sing, dance, play an instrument, do art, or anything like that, I’m happy.

I love Minecraft too, but that’s a fairly recent game. It’s improved a lot since I first got it, which was about 5 years ago...

//Nothing is impossible. the word itself says “I’m Possible”//