cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Slow Mo GR] Nostalgia - 17th-21st of June!

I also just remembered,
My sister and I really loved playing around on our trampoline!
We would play something called “princess puppy school”, where one of us was the teacher, normally my sister, and just bounce around all the time. Ahh... I miss those times...
What a shame my little sis has become so much more annoying than she ever was.

//Nothing is impossible. the word itself says “I’m Possible”//

One of my other favourite toys when I was younger was the password journal! I wish I could still find something like it.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx @MisoBear That reminds me of when we used to have a swing set in the backyard and I used to love playing on it! Once, my sister invited one of her friends over, and she sat on my favourite swing and broke it in half. Smiley Sad They're still friends to this day though! I also used to write stories and poems and entered lots of competitions. I got one of my stories published in a book of stories written by students. I remember the Sims 1! I accidentally got Bella Goth killed in a fire straightaway though and cried about it. Whoops!

What TV show did you love and gives you nostalgia?
A lot of shows on Cartoon Network and other cartoon channels. I used to watch a lot of Ben 10, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Adventure Time, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura, Powerpuff Girls and Winx Club. I used to watch a show called Madeline and had a plush doll of her with her appendix removal scar. I still remember the theme song. One of my favourites was Courage the Cowardly Dog (although some episodes gave me nightmares!) We also used to watch a lot of Disney Junior and Nick Jr. I loved The Backyardigans even though I was (physically) past preschool age at that point! @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  I remember watching lots of Dora too.

There used to be a reality show called Maximum Exposure that I really enjoyed watching too. One day, it suddenly stopped airing. That was a sad day.

Other shows I used to watch:
Elmo's World
Oobi
Postman Pat
Bob the Builder
Out of the Box
Fireman Sam
Pingu
Hi-5
Thomas the Tank Engine
Soupe Opera
Art Attack
Blue's Clues (loved this one!)
Playschool
Higglytown Heroes (my sister used to sing the song about the circus coming to town as 'the super ninny comes to town'. It took us ages to figure out what she meant).
Tom and Jerry
Looney Tunes

Are there any movies that you loved during your childhood/in the past?
I loved anything Harry Potter-related as a kid, including the movies. 'HP' was the password for my password journal. I remember my other favourite movies being Monsters Inc., Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Madagascar and The Emperor's New Groove. I remember watching a TV movie called Dazzle about a fairy that turned human. When my sister was born, I wanted to name her after the fairy (Crystal). My parents weren't keen on that idea though.

Highlighted

Loving everyone's answers, I've spent way too much time on this answer (and it'll be my only post today lol, but here we go!)

What is a happy and good memory that you have?

I remember that an elderly lady 2 doors up had a granddaughter who would spend holidays with for a while. We met one time when I was outside riding my bike and she was in the front garden. I stopped to say hi and we became friends. We played in the garden and made up a heap of different games etc. A few times they even brought her bike on their holiday so we could ride together! We used to write letters in between the holidays. I eventually lost contact with her, but it was nice having a holiday friend Smiley Happy

What did you enjoy doing in your childhood, was there a favourite toy, game, place or experience you had?

I had a few different toys I played with, but I loved playing with my baby born when I was younger. I ended up with 3 and a baby Annabel! My mum even knitted up special little dresses, bonnets and booties! I still have them all in a storage box to keep them safe. I'm keeping them for when I have children. There are even a couple dolls I think were my sisters or my mums. I also had a collection of barbies  - and my favourite was the one my mum had a young girl! I also used to make clothes out of pieces of fabric, they were simple, like sleeveless tops, skirts and dresses, but it was fun! Smiley Happy

I also enjoyed playing Pacman by Hasbro, I think it was like the 2001 version, here's a video of the one I'm talking about!

@WheresMySquishy  I ooh and ahh'd at your list of toys, I also had Polly pockets, Tamagotchis - I collected them! I have about 4 or 5 somewhere still hahaha

OMG @Jess1-RO BEANIE BEARS! I have a heap of them and other no-name bears and I used to play school with them too! And my dolls! ANd yep I had a furby too, although I don't think mine ever worked Smiley LOL

I used to love Angelina Ballerina, I had books and toys of hers I used to bollt to the TV every time I heard it lol

I liked Banana's in Pj's, Postman Pat (now I have the theme song in my head!), I remember there was a show I had a like/dislike of and that was Mortified, it was relatable but also I felt weird feeling like I related so I kinda didn't like it lol. I watched some of it a while back on Netflix and was like aww the days lol

I can't really remember any movies, I mainly watched tv shows etc, I found it hard to sit and watch movies, I either got bored or fell asleep lol Like today I can't watch a movie without doing something with my hands!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee   I totally forgot about Bananas in Pyjamas! I even had a framed picture of them in my room for years. I used to collect the Angelina Ballerina magazine. It came with plush dolls with a new outfit each week representing a story or fairytale. I remember having a Baby Born too!

Hi everyone! 

Loving your responses!

Here are today's questions!

- Have you ever rewatched a favourite TV show or film or re-read a favourite book from your childhood? Have your thoughts on it changed?

melissa joan hart witch GIF

- Have any of your favourite TV shows, books and films been remade or adapted into a new series/spin off? Was the new version better or worse than the original?

sabrina spellman caos GIF by Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I don't remember the Magazine @WheresMySquishy  however I had a book and it came with a necklace that was in an envelope at the back and I loved it so much. I think I still might have it somewhere?

- Have you ever rewatched a favourite TV show or film or re-read a favourite book from your childhood? Have your thoughts on it changed?

I haven't actually watched any of my childhood favs in a long time actually.

I watched a few episodes of Mortified within the last 6 months or so and kind of felt similar to what I did when I was younger. However, I had more appreciation for the fact that it was a show that was designed for children to watch and relate to on some level Smiley Happy

Here's my go at answering the questions Smiley Happy

What is a happy and good memory that you have?

I loved playing Dark Tag with my neighbours in Canada, we would wait until it would get a bit dark and then play tag mixed with hide and go seek, we would get creative with our hiding places (up in trees, in bushes) it was so fun!

What did you enjoy doing in your childhood, was there a favourite toy, game, place or experience you had?

I feel like Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood (and still is). It gives me nostalgia but it has always been consistently a part of my life Smiley Happy 

Oh my goodness so many TV shows. 

I loved: 

-Pokemon

-Digimon

-Monster Rancher

-Yugioh

-Samurai Jack 

-Codename: Kids Next Door 

-Kim Possible

-That's So Raven 

-Jackie Chan Adventures 

and probably so many more that I'm forgetting! 

So many movies that I loved during childhood too! Especially Disney movies, Mary Kate and Ashley, Princess Diaries etc!

Have you ever rewatched a favourite TV show or film or re-read a favourite book from your childhood? Have your thoughts on it changed?

I tried to watch Yugioh again since I saw it on Netflix but I couldn't handle the dub! I guess I just got so used to subbed versions of anime now!

Have any of your favourite TV shows, books and films been remade or adapted into a new series/spin off? Was the new version better or worse than the original?

I really like the new Sabrina I think they did a great job! It's different to the original, I like them both Smiley Happy 

I really loved the first season of Riverdale and then the infamous plot confusion happened but I think they did a really great job with the first season and Archie comics.

digimon GIF

GUYS I forgot about LEGO! I loved playing with lego as a child! I had a little set and my younger brother had some bigger sets which I loved putting together for him and playing with when he wasn't looking Smiley Tongue

I found that a lot of TV shows that I used to watch as a kid seemed to be darker as an adult, such as Madeline, Thomas the Tank Engine, Powerpuff Girls and Pingu. I feel like a lot of the Thomas the Tank Engine characters weren't good role models in hindsight. I remember seeing a lot of kids' TV characters as annoying and bratty as an adult as well. I also tried to rewatch Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura and it felt like a completely different show, especially the Japanese version. I found it weird how all the characters seemed to have crushes on each other despite most of them being children. I couldn't figure out why I liked it so much as a kid. I also watched the Japanese version of Sailor Moon and it was totally different to the English one as they had censored a lot in the dubbed version. The Japanese version was much darker and had more not-so-kid-friendly content. Entire scenes and plotlines were just cut out in the English version.

I  tried to get into Game of Thrones this year, remembering how my friends loved it in high school, but I ended up not liking the last few seasons. I think the quality of the show had gone downhill over the years, especially regarding the dialogue and plot. I feel like a lot of things didn't make sense so the end just felt hollow and empty rather than powerful.

On the other hand, I still love most of the films I used to watch as a kid. Smiley Happy

- Have any of your favourite TV shows, books and films been remade or adapted into a new series/spin off? Was the new version better or worse than the original?
I grew up watching the original Teen Titans series and I'm sorry to say, but in my opinion, Teen Titans Go! does not do it justice. The two shows are completely different to each other. I feel like Teen Titans Go! would have been better titled 'Five Teenagers Living Together in a House'. The characters act really out of character and don't do much superhero stuff. They don't come across as likeable or relatable, just annoying. The tone of the show is completely different as well. I remember the original Teen Titans series being about mature themes and character development, but now it's been replaced by potty humour and jokes that not even a five year old would find funny. I think the messages that the show sends are bad too.

I never watched Avatar: The Last Airbender like all my friends but I feel sorry for them because the movie was just awful. I watched it while on a plane and it almost put me to sleep. The acting was also bad, not to mention the racebending.

I never got into Spongebob when I was younger, but I watched some of the musical on YouTube and liked it. I also liked the live action Cinderella and the Jungle Book films better than the animated versions.

haha @WheresMySquishy the less said about the Avatar the last airbender movie the better Smiley LOL On the upside though, they're making a new live action movie i think, and apparently the producers of the original cartoon were consulted and are pretty excited, so maybe it'll be good yay! Smiley Very Happy (Seriously, to those who have not watched the cartoon, it's definitely not time wasted! Heart, and i'm saying that almost ten years after i started watching it!)
Aanywayyy, today's questions are:

What's something that you loved as a child that doesn't exist any more?

If you could bring one thing back from your childhood, what would it be?

It could be an old toy, and old movie, even a type of music that used to be popular!

30 rock hello GIF

It's been really fun reading everyone's responses so far! Heart It's taken me way back haha Smiley LOL Let's keep it coming!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart