cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [Slow Mo GR] Nostalgia - 17th-21st of June!

@ecla34  I'm glad that they're making a new movie! I hope that they've learned from the problems with the first one.

What's something that you loved as a child that doesn't exist any more?
There are so many. I can't name just one.
- Magazines with collectibles or which came in a series such as Sabrina's Secrets, Rugrats: Round the World, Mr. Bean's Amazing A to Z, Real Life Bugs and Insects, Precious Rocks, Gems and Minerals, the aforementioned Angelina Ballerina one. I used to look forward to each new issue. I remember there was also a magazine which had a comic book called W.I.T.C.H I read every week. It had a show too. I just looked it up and it apparently ended in 2012.
- Video rental stores such as Blockbuster and Video Ezy. There used to be a Blockbuster within walking distance of our house I would go to all the time. We also had a Video Ezy down the road from our holiday house. They both had an awesome games section. We discovered so many games that way.
- Lots of toys such as Geleez and Glitzi Globes. We used to spend hours making them. I  think I still have some somewhere. I'm glad that a lot of retro toys are making a comeback though. I saw a Doodle Bear in a toy catalogue yesterday, although it looked nothing like the one I had as a kid.
- There used to be an ice cream van that would stop near our house during the summer. I haven't seen it for years now. I wonder what happened to it.
- Portable CD and DVD players.

- VHS and cassette tapes.
- MP3 players. I heard that there is a new iPod Touch coming out though.
- Limited edition holiday Lip Smackers and a lot of types of lip gloss.
- This one's a bit obscure, but for years, my sister and I have been trying to find an old party RPG video game called Dokapon Kingdom. She watched some people play it online years ago and was hooked. We looked through old game stores and online stores but no one seems to have heard of it. It seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

If you could bring one thing back from your childhood, what would it be?
Probably my pet mouse or the cat my grandparents unofficially adopted. I miss them. I'd also like to be reunited with a lot of stuffed animals I had as a child. It's hard to pick just one thing!