cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

At the moment, what is stressing you out the most in your life? What do you need to get sorted?

At the moment for me, my mental health and home life are my biggest stress.
I need to sort out both of these and whether or not I'm moving out of home.

When it comes to sex and relationships, what do you think is the hardest part? (e.g. keeping your own personal space, not being pressured until you’re ready for sex, etc.)? What are some things that have helped you manage these parts of relationships?

I think the hardest part would be making sure you give one another the right space and trusting each another...

Great thoughts guys Smiley Happy

Next question... What are your views on drinking and taking drugs? What do you think the hardest things to get sorted regarding drinking & drugs are? How do you keep in control, and stop yourself from being pressured by others?

Hey Bubblez, welcome to the session Smiley Happy 

I agree with you trust is a huge thing and without it, a relationship becomes difficult to manage.

When it comes to sex and relationships, what do you think is the hardest part? (e.g. keeping your own personal space, not being pressured until you’re ready for sex, etc.)? What are some things that have helped you manage these parts of relationships?

I've never been in one so I can't really say. I think that not being pressured to have sex until you are ready would be the most difficult thing for me though.

@Sophie-RO : Hello! Haha, yeah pretty much! Yeah I do have a supervisor I can talk to which is great. I've just written a list of things I want to discuss with her in our meeting tomorrow actually! Working out how to talk about thing has been a bit a challenging though. I have an appointment with my psychologist in 2 weeks for things that I don't want to talk to my supervisor about though (I scheduled it in advance because I knew I would probably need it).

@delicatedreamer sounds like you're ontop of things re: supervisor and psych. Good one!

What are your views on drinking and taking drugs? What do you think the hardest things to get sorted regarding drinking & drugs are? How do you keep in control, and stop yourself from being pressured by others?

Again, I'm probably the worst person to talk about this, and then in some ways maybe not.

I took a lot of drugs when I was younger. Mostly because of what I thought I could learn from taking them, like new ways of thinking or experiencing the world, or even spiritual experiences. I was chasing mysticism, and you'll have to believe me when I say I found it.

Some of the best nights of my life, I was really really high on drugs, but some of the most horrific things I could imagine were whilst I was under the influence of some weird drugs too.

I would definitely say it had a lot to do with becoming psychotic a few years after I stopped taking drugs. Which I stopped, because of the intense fear and paranoia I had after a while.

But I don't regret it one bit.

If I had advice for other young people, it would be that it is taking a huge risk. But like anything, taking a huge risk, often has a huge reward, and more often it has a huge price or penalty. You only have one life, choose carefully what you do with it.

What are your views on drinking and taking drugs? What do you think the hardest things to get sorted regarding drinking & drugs are? How do you keep in control, and stop yourself from being pressured by others?

I don't take drugs and I don't drink very often (I don't like the taste really). I think societal pressure to drink is the hardest thing to get sorted. I hate it when other people don't respect my choice not to drink. I don't mix in circles that take drugs so that sort of pressure isn't a problem for me, but with regards to drinking I just try to ignore it, or I'll just have one drink if I think it'll make things easier for me (less peer pressure).

I think it's okay to drink but in a controlled environment (such as at home or a mate's place) and keeping in control is about knowing your limits and not going past that or setting yourself a limit. I find that I'm a sucker for peer pressure :/ but try to remove myself from the situation.

Drugs on the otherhand, not my thing. Not interested at all

I am a bit naiive when it comes to drugs and alcohol, I dont take drugs and drink minimally and don't know much about them and I wouldnt say I am against that but I dont think it is for me and can be damaging if they turn into an addiction. 

I think safety is hard to get sorted - alot of people dont take care of themselves and can be a bit reckless with alcohol and drugs which is a bit scary. 

I am a social drinker, I know my limit which is mostly like one and if I get pressured I stand my ground always, I think people respect if you stand your ground regardless of the pressure.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of drugs or drinking (in excess), but I think people are free to do whatever they want. That said, there's a lot of risks to both drugs and alcohol (unsafe sex, driving under the influence of substances, doing things you wouldn't normally do, etc), so I think it's important to be educated about what you're doing. Know what you're taking, what the effects are likely to be, and what to do if things get out of control (stay with people, make sure someone knows what you've taken, drink water, etc).