cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

How are you feeling about study stress? What's your number one tip for battling exam stress?

Truthfully? I'm panicking (while telling everyone and myself that I'm not!) aha
I'd be interested in any tips! The best I have is to revise revise and revise! Smiley Happy

@Bubblez wrote:
How are you feeling about study stress? What's your number one tip for battling exam stress?

I'd be interested in any tips! The best I have is to revise revise and revise! Smiley Happy

@Bubblez have you checked out the study factsheets? There's some good study techniques (as well as stress-battling tips) there!

@gail and @Sophie-RO : Thanks Smiley Happy

I'm feeling good about this because all of my uni assessments are over for the year. My number one tip would be to make a realistic study plan for your exams and try to stick to it. And make sure you include breaks and rewards in the plan!

Highlighted

@Bubblez wrote:

Ohhhh Bubblez I really feel for you!!!!!! so much!! But also check out this convo we had all about study stress last week. But so summarize, some of the tips from that chat was:

• Set realistic goals
  • Reward yourself 
  • Balance your time
  • Avoid pressure
  • Write a list of things you need to do
  • Write a time-line
  • Get friends to help
  • Sleep and meditate

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Next up...

Friends and family can be a source of stress, but also great support. What are some of things that stress you out about your family and friends? What helps you deal with the stressful things? What are some of the things you love about them?

I'm feeling not too bad about it, I know what I have to do, it's just getitng the motivation to finish off the last few things. 

Hey guys Smiley Happy

Massive catch up here, sorry I'm a touch late Smiley Happy

At the moment, what is stressing you out the most in your life? What do you need to get sorted?

At the moment it is my HSC exams and my driving test for my P's, I've been failed twice now and I. Just. Cannot. Work. It. Out. I think also is the idea of the near future, "What will I do next year?" is kind of haunting me a bit too.

I have rebooked my driving test and I can continue to keep practising. With my exams, I just need to keep telling myself that I am doing the best I can Smiley Happy In regaurds to next year I can continue to draw up pros and cons and try and figure my moves out

(Don't worry @Sophie-RO I had to aswell Smiley Tongue )

When it comes to sex and relationships, what do you think is the hardest part? (e.g. keeping your own personal space, not being pressured until you’re ready for sex, etc.)? What are some things that have helped you manage these parts of relationships?

(with my little experience of never being in a relationship) I think for me it would probably be keeping my own morals and personal attitudes and thoughts, I know I can be easy to persuade.

@tesla-weapon Aren't they even allowed to adopt!!!?? Thats insanely rude!

What are your views on drinking and taking drugs? What do you think the hardest things to get sorted regarding drinking & drugs are? How do you keep in control, and stop yourself from being pressured by others?

I would say I'm mostly anti drug and alcohol. I mean a bit of alcohol is okay, but drinking with the intention to get drunk, I object to that. I stay in on weeknights and if I go out I'm home by 8-9! I just don't like that kinda thing, and I am okay with that. Smiley Happy 
I haven't really been subject to a lot of pressure over alcohol and drugs yet, but I'm sure it will come, and yeah maybe after tonight I might have some ideas on how to avoid and keep in control of those pressures

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@haydendelle_ wrote:

it's just getitng the motivation to finish off the last few things. 

Motivation is a big one for me and when I'm not motivated, I procrastinate until 3am and get surprised when nothing is done Smiley Sad

ohhh motivation is a such a tricky emotion to find if you don't have it!! good luck haydendelle!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Welcome @Bee 

What a lovely catch up. Glad to have you Smiley Very Happy