cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

Hi Bee!! Smiley Happy Lots of good ideas there... Good luck with your driving test... It's something I've never done and it stresses me out to think of it!! So I continue to use public transport for now... I agree too - single people should be allowed to adopt!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

What are some of things that stress you out about your family and friends?

Yeah, I forgot about my family, they really do stress me out. They just don't understand me at all, and are always negative towards me. I've never really gotten any help from them, except for money and hugs, and my sister can be a complete bitch. But they are my family, so what can I do? I just try as best I can to put up with them, and keep my mouth shut. Eventually though, I get fed up, and tell them all what I think of them. But mostly they just think its my illness, so no-one ever really takes me seriously anymore.

I'm trying to be more independent with my self-esteem, and its one of the things I am going to work out with my psychologist the next time I see her.

What helps you deal with the stressful things?

Nothing. I get angry with them, or just ignore their stupidity. Or ignore their stupidity until I get angry with them.

What are some of the things you love about them?

They try their best. They never really give up, and just keep living as best they can. Occasionally we can chat about light hearted things before I get too depressed about not being able to talk to them about deeper things. My family are hopeless at dealing with their own problems, and refuse to admit that they have any.

@Bee  As for drugs, just say no. Its simple. There's no pressure. If there is, then you are in a dangerous situation, and you have more to worry about, than just getting high.

What are some of things that stress you out about your family and friends? What helps you deal with the stressful things? What are some of the things you love about them?

They are loud and sometimes difficult to talk to because some people just love to talk but don't know how to listen. What helps is when I am calm because 2 loud people doesnt help anything. I love that my family is outgoing and funny they make me laugh and are so light heart and are the best people to go to when I am feeling down. 

Hi Bee! Smiley Happy

What are some of things that stress you out about your family and friends? What helps you deal with the stressful things? What are some of the things you love about them?

Some things that stress me out about friends is when we have differences in opinion, worrying about what they think of me and trying to arrange to see them (it can be so hard to find a mutually convenient time!). Things that worry me about family is meeting their expectations, and when they're not well. Things I love about them are that they are there for me when I'm down and I can have fun with them! Smiley Happy

The main thing that helps me with these stresses is trying to think realistically about things.

How are you feeling about study stress? What's your number one tip for battling exam stress?

I'm feeling okay about study stress at the moment. I've gotten through 2 harder subjects, and I've got my more natural subject in the next two days, but I know I'm going in a little under prepared, but I'm just taking it as it comes. I've had to tell myself to look after me before worrying about the marks. I can fix them up latter in life with other courses ect. And I'm learning to accept that Smiley Happy

My number one tip is take some time to relax and get your head out of the exam scenario. Sounds bizzare, I know it would to me a while back, but it's sooo true. I used to beat myself up for not constantly having my nose to the book, and I wore myself down, so much, to the point where I couldn't look or think about it without bursting into tears! No fun! But I got over it and now I'm more relaxed and I've got this attitude "I'll take it as it comes." So if I et bad results, I know it is only because I'm burnt out and have pushed myself too hard....

@tesla-weapon I hate when that happens! Fight through, you'll get through it. Try some mediation and getting your head away from the exam stuff, it helped me Smiley Happy

Uhm, wow. Ok, so sometimes they seem to ignore what I'm feeling, or throw it back upon me. there are others, but I'm not going to go there tonight. (for my sake) 

I deal with it by taking time out away from them. I stick on a tv show or some music I write, I jus generally try to take my mind away from the hurt they have caused.  But it really depends on who it was and the scenario...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

Thanks for the tips Gail and Sophie!
I shall check out the fact sheets and discussion. Smiley Happy

The biggest thing for me is not being understood, supported or being able to really trust those around me... And feeling as though I'm not meeting their expectations.

I'm still trying to find 'healthy' ways of coping with stress so am interested in ways others deal with stress... Smiley Happy

I love the uniqueness of my family and friends. The funny times they bring and the many things they've taught me.

Sounds like you've got some pretty good coping strategies Bee: including giving yourself for a break from thinking/talking about difficult situations!!! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Thanks Rue Smiley Happy

@Sophie-RO Thank you Smiley Happy Here's hoping I get it next month when I go again! Unfortunately there is little to no public transport around my town, meh! I mean as long as you can support the child and that, it should be allowed!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

It's awesome how we are sharing so many tips tonight and hopefully these will help sort a few things in our lives.

Do you ever find yourself stressing about your work or financial situation?  Is there anything you can do to improve it?