cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

I forgot that last bit!

What are some of the things you love about them?
I love the goofy sense of humor my family and friends have. Sometimes they just know how to make me smile Smiley Happy I'm learning to open up to people a bit more again Smiley Happy which is enabling them to help me when need be! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Do you ever find yourself stressing about your work or financial situation?  Is there anything you can do to improve it?

Yep... especially the last few months, because what I'm doing next year is a bit uncertain at the moment. I just do everything I can: work with a budget, know what I'm spending and where, be careful about stuff like buying food out too often etc. Work wise I'm waiting to see what happens in the next few months, then if I start looking for (new) work next year I'll apply for loads of places and hope for the best!

@tesla-weapon Yes, saying No is a good start, thanks Smiley Happy Obvious but so true

@Sophie-RO they are some good ones for sure, but I'm still learning and nothing is ever as planned (as I'm figuring out) but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less Smiley Happy

#feeling soo very wise tonight! haha
#this is what happens after talking to KHL!! Smiley Happy

Do you ever find yourself stressing about your work or financial situation?  Is there anything you can do to improve it?

Definitely. This is actually a bit of a stress for me at the moment that I didn't think of before. I can't work for 8 weeks due to placement but there are still things that I want and need to buy so that is frustrating. Work can also a bit stressful because I am a relief casual and don't really have regular shifts so it can be a bit hard to plan things when I don't know when I'm working until the week of or a few days before.

EDIT: Forgot to say, there's nothing I can do about my placement situation at the moment, but with work I'm hoping to get some more regular shifts over Christmas which would improve that situation and make it less stressful.

lol @ Bee! very wise

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Not really, I never really worry about this. Which is probably why my parents have had to bail me out a few times. Eventually I got sick of always asking them for money, and now I have a magical spreadsheet, with all of my spending on it.

Having a budget really helps. Then you know when you go to the supermarket, or to the restaurant, or to the ATM before a big night out, exactly how much money you can spend, so that you will still have money for the rest of the week.

Try taking out the exact amount each week, that will cover your quarterly expenses. That way, when you get a bill, you already have the money to pay for it. It works for me.

Do you ever find yourself stressing about your work or financial situation?  Is there anything you can do to improve it

Uhm, I have a little bit. I've recently just applied and been accepted youth allowance, and having to put most of that back into the household budget to keep things as they are was a big shock to me! So I've got a bit of money to work with for some things, but I know I can still rely on my parents if I stuff up Smiley Happy I also get stressed over the budeting and how it is done at home - sooo stressful! But we manage Smiley Happy

Hey guys Smiley Happy So many great tips so far!

Work recently has been quite stressing for me, as I'm not sure if it's what I want to be doing down the track and it's been quite hectic. One thing which has really helped me improve my situation is getting to know my work mates better whcih has really boosted my morale and made work seem to be less of a chore.

Highlighted

Do you ever find yourself stressing about your work or financial situation? Is there anything you can do to improve it?

Quite often now I think about it... I'm a casual and don't have regular hours and only know a few days before a shift that I am actually working. Some weeks I can have no work/no money and other weeks more than enough!

I'm looking at moving out on my own for a fresh start but am stressed about the financial side of it all so am hoping I get the traineeship I recently applied for and that I pick up extra hours at work over the coming holidays. Smiley Happy -Currently I have no plan for after year 12 and that's a bit stressful....

I think at the moment most of my stress is work because having two jobs, dealing with different personalities can be difficult and people can be so rude sometimes. My finances are looking good at the moment though so that is a positive Smiley Happy I think the only way I can improve my situation is to stay positive, happy and being nice. Kill em with kindness right Smiley Very Happy