cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting out the sh!t

In honour of this week's launch of ReachOut.com's new app The Sorter, this coming Monday's Getting Real is going to be all about the little coping strategies you have to sort things out when sh!t hits the fan!!

So this Monday, the 21st October right here at 8pm AEDT we'll be wanting to hear from YOU - what is you best break up advice you've ever heard?? And what about making sure you have a great night out with no drama or vom-voms in the gutter??

We'll be wanting to hear from you, your best tips and tricks to success for:

- Sex and relationships

- Alcohol and drugs

- Study stress

- Friends and family

- Work and cash

So - are you in? Will you help us get sh!t sorted?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

Hey guys!

Welcome to tonight's Getting Real Session talking about sorting sh!t out! I'm Gail, and tonight I'll be co-facilitating with Ruenhox and Soph Smiley Happy

So, we all go through times when everything feels like it's just falling to pieces out of our control. It sucks! But luckily, sometimes it just takes some simple steps to help get things sorted out. Tonight we'll be talking about some of the areas of life that can get a bit tricky, and getting some ideas from you guys about what your best go-to tips are to keep things on track.

As always, remember to keep the conversation within the guidelines, and if you need to talk to someone one on one, click the 'emergency help & info' link up the top right of your page.

Let's get started!

At the moment, what is stressing you out the most in your life? What do you need to get sorted?

At the moment, what is stressing you out the most in your life? What do you need to get sorted?

I think a lot at the moment I have uni, work, my relationship, my friendships and saving money for when I move just so much right now 

Hello all! Looking forward to the discussion tonight Smiley Happy

My placement is stressing me out at the moment. It's been really interesting and enjoyable so far but it's in mental health and with my own personal experiences with mental health I'm finding it tough going at times. Other than that nothing really, which is nice Smiley Happy 

Hey everyone... For me the biggest stress is trying to juggle a lot of different and varying tasks... like how to properly prioritise and find balance.... that's my worry

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey guys! Sounds like balancing areas of life is a big one for you both @ruenhonx and @Sophie-RO - I know I struggle with that too. 

@delicatedreamer thanks for joining - it can be hard sometimes when work/study is a bit close to home! Glad to hear there's nothing dragging you down too much though Smiley Happy

For me, I think the biggest thing I need to get sorted at the moment is my stress levels about exams and thesis! Thankfully it will all be done in a week...

Hey DD Welcome Smiley Happy 

Its good to see that you have less stress at the moment. 

I don't think it is any one thing. I'm having trouble concentrating, and especially reading a book. So that stresses me out a bit. Also my motivation and focus is lackadaisical, and I wish it was better, but I don't think its stressing me out. I live a mostly stress free life, but then, that's because that's the way me and my doctor have arranged it!

(confession: had to look up lackadaisical)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Welcome tesla-weapon Smiley Happy 

I sometimes struggle with motivation as well which is probably the cause to many of my stressors. It is really interesting to hear that you live stress free life. I think that is amazing how do you do it?