cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorting out the sh!t

Welcome haydendelle 

I agree controlled environments keep you safe and having people you trust around is the best way to enjoy any kind of social activity. 

What are your views on drinking and taking drugs? What do you think the hardest things to get sorted regarding drinking & drugs are? How do you keep in control, and stop yourself from being pressured by others?

Personally I think each to their own, as long as your actions don't affect anyone else, the us re drink and use what you will.
The hardest thing to sort would be knowing how much your yourself can handle.
Keeping in control is a hard one and can be impacted by your feelings and surroundings... Not being pressured is a hard one as I myself am one that often fall to the pressure of others.
-So I tips would be great. Smiley Happy

Ahh of course DD - you've got a great plan!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

For many of us, exams and assessments are just around the corner (or already upon us!).

How are you feeling about study stress? What's your number one tip for battling exam stress?

Some people can't handle taking drugs or drinking a lot of alcohol. And some people, once they have one hit, they want another and another.

As long as you can hold your form, you'll be fine, no matter what situation you are in, or where your crazy adventures take you.

If you can't, then its best if you steer clear.

Just tell people you need to drive home, or need to get up at 6am the next day for work. No-one will mind.

How are you feeling about study stress? What's your number one tip for battling exam stress?

This is so relevant at the moment! I have exams this week and my thesis due next week, but thankfully other than intermittent freakouts, I'm actually not feeling too bad about it. I think the thing I find hardest around exam time is setting unrealistic expectations for myself (planning to study ten hours a day, everyday). I've been really careful to do the things that I know help me beat exam stress this time around: eating well, exercising, taking time out to hang out with friends, sleeping enough, and taking regular breaks from study. Turns out they actually work!

Hi hayendelle! Hmm really thoughts about drinking in safe environments

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@ruenhonx wrote:

For many of us, exams and assessments are just around the corner (or already upon us!).

Mine is always, don't make goals that are unachievable!! Make small, achievable goals in terms of your study and then reward yourself often!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I never used to have a problem with exams at all. I'm pretty smart, and usually ace any test I have to do, and I usually am the first person to finish first. So I guess I'm not the best person to ask about this either!

But lately, I can't even read a book. Its pretty hard to learn for an exam when you can't even read... But I'm not worried about it. I know that it is a psychological problem, to do with my values in life, so I will sort it out eventually.

But I can't say that I really ever enjoyed learning anything. There's nothing really that I would read to learn. I prefer literature or film, and if I could, that would be where I would put all of my energy into studying, and producing.

I love Humanities because I actually dont have exams Smiley Very Happy yay!!! but I have soooo many assignments right not it is not funny. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed just too much going on and dont know where to start and finish but my number one tip is to write EVERYTHING in my calendar so I dont forget anything and I have a schedule to follow, its great Smiley Very Happy