cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Taking Your Stress out on Other People & Why it Sucks

Hey Nat965, welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@nat965:  My midsemesters are creeping out as well. In about 1 weeks time I’m guaranteed to be stressed out of my mind! Yeah I find that when I'm stressed barely anything gets done either, and the work keeps on coming ><.

How do you act when your stressed?
Wow, ok. This is quite at the moment to answer easy as recently I've been quiet streesed (or so my friends say)...
I tend to go more quiet - I try to cope on my own (I'm stubbern like that). I tend to issolate myself more, and of course there is tears - and I mean a lot of tears. I'll become aggitated and not want to talk to or be around anyone... I can get very moody and be laughing at someone than I'll be saying that what they said wasn't funny and that they need to shut up....

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

How do you act when yourf stressed??

I either shutdown completely or I get mad. Generally both for me it means that all is getting a bit much. Accepting how I am feeling or asking for help when I am stressed is very hard for me.

Hi, 

I recently broke down in front of my teacher, as I was so stressed about my school work!

All the pressure mounts up, and nobody is really there at school!

I have one friend, but all the other kids seem to think that she needs 'saving' from me.. so its hard to talk to her. 

My parents are good, but they just tell me to calm down, it will be okay... 

At school they pile on the pressure, and it gets to you, it really does!

@Nat965; can totally agree my exams start next week! Arrg!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey Bee, I understand the urge to shut down and not reachout when your stressed - sometimes we are our ow worst enemies though right? Sometimes I snap at my sister, even though she is the closest person to me and could help me the most...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Bee wrote:
@nat965; can totally agree my exams start next week! Arrg!

Doesn't help when you're also got other problems as well (e.g grief). Might be going a bit off track, but oh well.

Hi everyone!

It's never too late to join the conversation and share something in tonight's dicussion about 'Not Taking Your Stress out on Other People'. 

Just a mention that if you do need to talk to someone you're always welcome to call Kids Help Line on 1800 55 1800.

Cheers 

Hey Micky, it sucks that you have been so stressed, but it's actually pretty good that you could show your teacher how you were feeling... It's important they know the extent of your stress so they can help you cope better....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com