cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time for Tinder or Something More Tender?

@Ben-RO I don't know if most people are comfortable enough or not... I know when I was younger my mates would always tell me to manage it by going through periods or not texting someone (basically micro managing), but when  I got older I found it helpful to occassionally just casually raise the point casually.

Have you ever used Tinder or anther dating app? How did you find it? Or why don’t you use em

No I haven't! I feel like its akin to cataloguing people which seems obscene to me because there is way more to each of us than our appearance or blurb could say.  I feel like the swipe right swipe left thing is teaching poor values.  That being said, if it's your thing, then that's cool to, not judging!

Have you ever used Tinder or anther dating app? How did you find it? Or why don’t you use em?

Yep! I have used Tinder, i found it pretty good, although i made a lot of friends and didn't find many people i wanted to be more than friends with Smiley Tongue. I was kind of annoyed at having a conversation via text, it felt really repetitive and like  i was just getting to know the parts of the person's personality they felt like they wanted to " show off" rather than the actual person! 

It seems like it can be pretty hard to say what you want, especially when you're not sure about whether the other person wants something more serious or less serious.

What are some of the things that make us a bit hesitant to just share what we're feeling up front? 

Have you ever used Tinder or anther dating app? How did you find it? Or why don’t you use em?

I have used Tinder and its worked out for me on a couple of occasions, like briefly, nothing hugely serious came from it though. When I first used it I was thinking eeek what if people I know see me on it, is this weird, am I being desperate? But eventually I just got over it and didn't care, turns out a few of my mates use it anyway haha

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

haha yeah @j95 a lot of people use it!  What would you tell someone to expect who wanted to start using it?

I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with Tinder, I think it's a great place to meet people just not such a good place to get to know them better, that' probably just me though! 

Don't take things too seriously and be prepared, just be prepared haha @tsynder

yeah I agree @Ben-RO

So I'm still really curious 

What are some of the things that make us a bit hesitant to just share what we're feeling up front? 

Highlighted

haha I'm not about to start using it, but it sounds like a lot.  Do you think it effects how you view people?