cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: To sex or not to sex? That is the question.

Hi  Sagira! Welcome to the discussions Smiley Happy 

@dilz Smiley Wink (thought I might peruse and linger tonight, depending on my procrastination levels Smiley Tongue)

I guess I'll give it a go...

Do you think sex is a difficult topic for people to talk openly about? If so why?

I think it's a very difficult topic, especially for people who come from a background where it is not talked about at all. For me I feel comfortable talking about it with my friends but I would never talk about it with my family. I wouldn't even know how to bring it up!

@fosterthepeople wrote:

Don't think I'd ever bring up the topic with my parents. Too awks !

Funny though how family are like the closest people to me and I don't feel comfortable talking to them about it.

I'm exactly the same FTP! My auntie and uncle and my parents were talking about sex the other night at dinner (not directly, they were talking about celebrities - it's hard to explain but anyway!) and it was soooo awkward! I was like get me out of here haha!!

Thankfully I'm definitely not the only one who finds it a bit hard to bring up with family !  

What would make it easier to talk about? 

Do you think sex is a difficult topic for people to talk openly about? If so why?

I think it depends who you want to talk to about it. My parents and I never discuss it, but then again we never discuss anything, because I've never had a close relationship with either of them. Some of my friends I have never discussed sex with, but others will talk completely openly with me about sex. I don't really have much to tell them, but I'm a good listener Smiley Happy

Hi Emily Smiley Happy 

A discussion about sex doesn't make for very comfortable dinner table conversation it sounds. lol

What would make it easier to talk about sex ?

I would prefer my parents initiating THE TALK than me. I guess part of the reason why I hesitate bringing up the topic is because I feel that it might make things awkward between us and for them. If I knew they were pretty cool to talk to about it I wouldn't mind so much. haha it's the - it's you not me thing happening

Highlighted

What would make it easier to talk about?

Maybe if there wasn't such a stigma surrounding it.

_sagira_ wrote:

Maybe if there wasn't such a stigma surrounding it.

I agree...maybe if it was discussed more during early teenage years and society was more open about it it wouldn't be such a big issue later in life.