cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: To sex or not to sex? That is the question.

@EmilyJ wrote:

I think for some people, first time driving or voting  IS a big deal... So I'm not quite sure how to go about answering this.

So true. How someone percevies something is a big contributing factor. For some people sex may not be a big deal but just another part of life. For others because it's personal and intimate it may be more important in some ways.

@nik-nak92 wrote:

Is having sex for the first time a big deal, or just like other firsts, like driving or voting?

I think it is a big deal. Or maybe to put it in different words, it should be important. I always planned on remaining a virgin until I was married, but I let myself get talked into accepting that it was okay, and I was in a relationship with the person and thought that he would be the one that I would marry anyway - so in my mind, he was going to be the only one.

I think it seems like it is getting less and less important... :-/

I know this wasn't quite the question, but nik-nak's response prompted this in my mind - I think it's the first time that's built up to be a big deal, and while I agree it is something that should be important, I think it loses it's importance, and people consider it less once the first time is over. This is not necessarily a good thing - I think in general people become more lax about decisions around sex once they've lost their virginity.

@_sagira_ wrote:

Is having sex for the first time a big deal, or just like other firsts, like driving or voting ?

For me it's pretty huge.  I haven't had sex myself yet and I'm probably the only one out of all the people I know.  But that's okay with me.  Because I have never been ready,  I have trust issues and it's a HUGE thing to do with another person.  It's intimate and close.  I could never imagine being able to fall into it so easily and believing it means nothing.

I completely agree with this.

@_sagira_ wrote:

Is having sex for the first time a big deal, or just like other firsts, like driving or voting ?

For me it's pretty huge.  I haven't had sex myself yet and I'm probably the only one out of all the people I know.  But that's okay with me.  Because I have never been ready,  I have trust issues and it's a HUGE thing to do with another person.  It's intimate and close.  I could never imagine being able to fall into it so easily and believing it means nothing.

EDIT:  ...and making it so 'casual' for the first time.  There is nothing casual about it.

I'm on the same boat here. I'll be one to admit as well that I haven't had sex yet either. 

@_sagira_ wrote:

EDIT:  ...and making it so 'casual' for the first time.  There is nothing casual about it.

I'm on the same boat here. I'll be one to admit as well that I haven't had sex yet either. 

I feel that having sex for the first time is a big deal!
Some people might act as though it's nothing but surely everone feels nervous? 
As a virgin I get nervous at just the thought of it. lol

@EmilyJ wrote:

I know this wasn't quite the question, but nik-nak's response prompted this in my mind - I think it's the first time that's built up to be a big deal, and while I agree it is something that should be important, I think it loses it's importance, and people consider it less once the first time is over. This is not necessarily a good thing - I think in general people become more lax about decisions around sex once they've lost their virginity.

This makes so much sense ...I have never thought about it that way. 

\

Hi MsHarry Smiley Happy
@MsHarry wrote:

I feel that having sex for the first time is a big deal!
Some people might act as though it's nothing but surely everone feels nervous? 
As a virgin I get nervous at just the thought of it. lol

I think it is very normal to be nervous about it and I think it's a good thing that you are. It shows that it really does mean a lot to you and that you want to wait for the right moment. 

EmilyJ wrote

That's what I'm worried about as well. There's always the lingering thought that what if I start treating it casual. Then the name calling like slut and stuff happens. Which might be one of the reasons I'm putting a lot of importance on the first time - another source of pressure: movies.

Highlighted

@fosterthepeople wrote:

- another source of pressure: movies.

Oh this is a huge one!  A lot of kids get a false sense of reality believing that what they see in films are realities.  And it's so not true.