cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: To sex or not to sex? That is the question.

@nik-nak92 wrote:
maybe there should be some educational sex songs on the top hits charts lol...

GOLD !  hahahahhaahhaha

@EmilyJ wrote:

What about two virgins together? Less pressure, but potential recipe for disaster in terms of having a positive first time sex experience. Sex is awkward, there are a million embarrassing things that happen, and if neither partner is experienced then you don't know how to deal with it - that's scary I think!

Smiley Frustrated  Yeah I can imagine how that could turn.

Sex can be daunting...no matter what. 

@_sagira_ wrote:

OH HELL YEAH!!  That does freak me out.  Sometimes I feel better off not having to worry about it.  Also the imminant PAP SMEAR.  Yeah I'd like to go as long as I can without that.

what's a pap smear ?

if i need to go get tested for my sexual health where would i go to get that done ? don't think i've ever heard of a sex clinic before anywhere. do people just go to their local doctor for that ? cause i'd prefer it if it were a sexual health clinic kind of thing so at least i'm not alone in a sense

@_sagira_ wrote:

@delicatedreamer wrote:

What fears do you have about sex?

That it will hurt, that I will freak out, that I'll be talked into doing something I don't want to do, that I'll get an STI and that something will go wrong. However the main one is that I won't live up to the other persons expectations. That I won't make it a good experience for them or that I won't be adventurous enough, or that I won't be ready when they want me to be... I know most of this stuff is silly but I can't help it. Can you tell I'm a worrier?! Haha.

Oh I think that's very common!  I'm not too worried about the act itself, I'm more scared about the lead up to it and whether or not I will be truly ready.  That's my problem.

Thanks. Yeah I'm worried about knowing whether I am ready too.

Before I'd lost my virginity:

Fears were not being good enough, would it hurt, would he just be using me, what would happen afterwards - alot of self doubt and questioning, pregnancy, STDs etc etc....

After:

I would still be scared about not being good enough, I worry about what I look like - and what he thinks about how I look...

@fosterthepeople wrote:

@_sagira_ wrote:

OH HELL YEAH!!  That does freak me out.  Sometimes I feel better off not having to worry about it.  Also the imminant PAP SMEAR.  Yeah I'd like to go as long as I can without that.

what's a pap smear ?

if i need to go get tested for my sexual health where would i go to get that done ? don't think i've ever heard of a sex clinic before anywhere. do people just go to their local doctor for that ? cause i'd prefer it if it were a sexual health clinic kind of thing so at least i'm not alone in a sense

Pap smear is an annual check of your cervix to test for infections etc and cervical cancer.  They advise that two years post having sex you see your GP every year for one.  The insert a gadget called a speculum into your vagina and have a good LOOK and get a swab.  Fun times. 

Yeah you pretty much just go to your GP or you could see a gynecologist.

@ sagira

Thanks for passing on the knowledge.

I'm a little greatful I have a penis then.

Thinking about getting tested for STDs is making me nervous.

nik-nak92 wrote:I worry about what I look like - and what he thinks about how I look...

Oh yeah...this is a big one for me as well.  I'm not comfortable with my body at all.

@_sagira_ wrote:

nik-nak92 wrote:I worry about what I look like - and what he thinks about how I look...

Oh yeah...this is a big one for me as well.  I'm not comfortable with my body at all.

I guess being comfortable with your body helps.

I wonder if I should tackle that before I think about sex ?